Data Operations Associate - ATL
Description About this role
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. BlackRock currently has more than $8 trillion AUM and approximately 16,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets.
The Index Data Implementation team, part of the BlackRock Data & AI organization, is responsible for onboarding new or custom public indices on BlackRock's proprietary Aladdin® end-to-end investment platform. BlackRock and its BlackRock Solutions (BRS) clients utilize these indices as an integral part of investment and risk management, serving as benchmarks for Mutual Funds, ETFs, and Hedge Funds, Pensions, and other products. The team works closely with index vendors such as MSCI, S&P, FTSE, and JP Morgan, as well as internal partner teams including Client Analytics, Portfolio Management, Relationship Management and other BlackRock Data Services groups. The team is global and diverse with exposure to a vast array of markets and asset classes and service clients in all spectrums of the financial markets
- Contribute to all aspects of rolling out multiple concurrent new indices, across various assets and strategies in Aladdin, including vendor data acquisition, data mapping and normalization, process testing and automation, and quality control.
- Provide high quality client services externally and internally. Address inquiries and resolve problems from clients and internal BlackRock partners.
- Understand risk analytics of fixed income, equity and alternatives products to analyze index methodologies, collaborate with vendors, and build custom solutions for the business.
- Initiate and drive Index platform improvements to support new business needs, drive down risk, and improve quality.
- Act as Business Analyst and Project Manager responsible for detailing client requirements, assessing potential solutions, and ensuring key achievements are met.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree is required, with preference to business fields such as Finance, Accounting, or Economics, or technical degrees such as Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering.
- A "Student of the Markets" mentality: Intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the investment management business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with an ability to connect across different functions and levels.
- Basic knowledge of SQL preferred. Knowledge of UNIX and Python is a plus.
- 3-5 years of shown experience, preferably in financial services.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.