Description About this role Overview
Join our distributed team of cyber security experts, protecting our business and developing exciting capabilities on the frontline of cyber defense. Apply your passion and knowledge of cyber security to assist in the investigation of incidents. You will be part of our Cyber Data Protection Operations team that monitors and investigates user activity data and alerts to identify indicators of data compromise or loss. You will work closely with other members of the Information Security team and partners across the enterprise to ensure the successful delivery of the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) program.
This role will assist in setting the objectives of the Cyber Data Protection Program as well as operationalizing DLP technologies by identifying new threat detection techniques and use cases. To accomplish this, you will need to maintain awareness of the latest trends and developments in threat detection as well as partner effectively with stakeholder business functions to understand their team's use of data. As an Analyst, you will play a hands-on role in utilizing SIEM, DLP and UBA technologies to develop alerts, dashboards, and reports to identify abnormal user activity. Specifically, you will be responsible for configuration and rule construction of DLP technologies.
BlackRock is committed to building phenomenal Cyber Security careers for our people, and we are looking for an individual with a passion for cyber security defense to continue the growth of our outstanding team. What the ideal candidate looks like:
- 1-3 years of experience in a security operations center, or similar security technical and operational experience is preferred.
- University Degree, GCHI, or GIAC are preferred.
- Knowledge of DLP concepts and tools.
- Knowledge of UBA concepts including modeling user behavior and performing analysis on user behavior using SIEM tools or dedicated UBA technologies.
- Familiarity with information classification and standard processes for appropriate handling
- Attention to detail
- Wiling to share ideas and collaborate in the development of operational playbooks and processes.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards that govern data protection local privacy laws.
- Ability to exercise sound technical, interpersonal and organizational judgment while evaluating and solving complex problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with individuals that do not have an IT background.
- Action-oriented attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves.
- Integrity and the highest ethical standards.
- Courage of convictions and the ability to respectfully debate the status quo.
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.