Creative Designer (Associate Level)
Description About this role Introduction
Led by our CMO (ex-global CMO of Pepsi and Buzzfeed,) BlackRock is changing the way the financial services sector talks to its audiences. To help do this, we are recruiting into our talented internal creative agency/studio in Atlanta, part of a wider 40-strong Global Creative team.
We create category-busting, purpose-based marketing communications and design work and are helping redefine what marketing in the financial sector can be.
BlackRock offers advanced work/life balance policies including no maximum limit paid leave policy, no dress code and flexible working from home.
BlackRock is the No1 firm in our industry in the Fortune annual survey of Most Admired Companies. The role
- Mid-level agency or inhouse creative designer/animator to create innovative, remarkable and engaging marketing communications ideas and design for high profile conferences, product launches, campaigns, presentations, web content, ads, videos, DM and marketing material.
- A creative that can make a brief come to life, be it static or in motion, 2d or 3D, or in cases both.
- A creative pluralist, you will work across digital, offline and experiential marketing.
- Ability to create ad-agency-quality 'Big Ideas' that entice the target audience and stand us apart from our competitors. Bring these ideas to life in bold, unexpected and engaging ways across multiple audience touchpoints.
- Expert visual designer, but not just cosmetic design: we need a creative thinker with flair and imagination, an ideas person with a nose for marketing communications.
- Digital, design or advertising agency experience an advantage, including experiential marketing agencies, designing immersive physical and virtual environments.
- Visual storytelling, turning complex content into simple, beautiful, visual stories.
- Comfortable giving feedback, offering solutions, and adjusting to various workflows.
You need to have
- If you can confidently answer these questions, then we'd love to meet you:
- How do we communicate BlackRock's analytical prowess combined with its human approachability in a single, fresh and contemporary look and feel across web, video and live experience?
- The value proposition for a product launch is "Sustainable investing means doing well while doing what's right" - what is the strapline or big idea for video of a $1m-budget conference? What's the smart, memorable graphic idea that communicates this?
- The concept is "Financial Wellness For All"; what does the campaign look like? What innovative techniques can we deploy to amaze, delight and create unparalleled user-engagement? What's the ad or 'must-open' DM?
- Exceptional design skills: a storyteller mindset.
- 3-8 years' experience in agency or high-quality internal studio.
- Standout portfolio of work and evidence of being author of the idea, not just executing the design.
- Undergraduate degree in art direction, design etc, preferred
- Experience working with established brand guidelines
- Software skills:
- Proficient user of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, 1 or more industry standard animation software, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Developing knowledge or interest in any or all of the following: Aftereffects, Premiere, Adobe Animate, Cinema 4D, Toon Boom Harmony, XD, Zeplin, Invision, etc. a plus.
- 'Second string' skills (eg UX/UI, photography, illustration, etc) an advantage.
- Understanding of financial services an advantage but not pre-requisite.
- Dynamic and driven collaborator
- Innovative and creative approach
- Proactive and can-do attitude
- No fear of deadlines and a calm demeanour under pressure
- First class interpersonal skills and good presentation skills. Ability to confidently 'sell' creative concepts to clients
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.