Capital Markets Operations Specialist
Job Description : Job Description
Responsible for processing transactions within Capital Markets Operations. Supports the Securities Trading, Loan Trading or Agency Services Lines of Business within Robinson Humphrey. Major responsibilities include working on core operational tasks including Client On-Boarding, Trade Capture, Securities Settlement and Clearance, Client Support or Margin/Collateral processing. Interacts with clients, traders and co-workers to process requests and resolve issues. Works under general direction to complete daily work within specified time parameters. Ensure procedures and controls are being maintained.
Focus on specific aspects of the process as opposed to needing to understand the entire operational cycle.
The primary responsibilities for this position are providing administrative and operational syndicated loan servicing support for the agented syndicated loan portfolio.
Core duties include:
- Act as Administrative Agent in Syndicated Deals led by SunTrust Bank
- Interact daily with internal and external customers
- Interpret credit agreements and be the direct point of contact to Borrowers and Syndicate members
- Processing of all loan and letter of credit activity on assigned portfolio including execution of payments
- Collection and remittance of funds from/to clients and bank group lenders
- Trigger all required events under the deal structure including billing for interest, fees and other events
- Accuracy of all calculations and providing explanations to borrowers/syndicate members
- Posting documents and quarterly Compliance to SyndTrak
- Updating CUSIP site as required
- Review of past due reports taking action as required
Additional duties include:
- Generating reports for clients
- Departmental or other SunTrust needs
- Updating policy/procedure
- Preparing data for audit requests
- High School Diploma plus 5 years of industry work experience or BS/BA College Degree and 0-2 years of work experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, working on numerous items at one time.
- Ability to enter data correctly and efficiently is essential.
- Strong communications, time management, problem solving and orientation to detail are essential skills.
- Work experience associated with Financial Services industry; basic understanding of Microsoft Office products.
- BS/BA College Degree.
- Prior experience in bank or brokerage operations.
- Some knowledge of brokerage or loan systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf