About this role The Business Analyst will be responsible for working closely with product management, internal operations teams, strategic projects staff and Aladdin Development teams to gather system requirements and document system specifications for new functionality, modifications to existing components and creation of test cases
About this role
The Business Analyst will be responsible for working closely with product management, internal operations teams, strategic projects staff and Aladdin Development teams to gather system requirements and document system specifications for new functionality, modifications to existing components and creation of test cases for an integrated multi-currency record keeping, accounting and performance management system.
- Work with the product management, internal operations teams and business users to produce comprehensive requirements and detailed specifications for existing and new functionality.
- Analyze enhancement requests, defects and other issues, translating them into professional specifications for review with product management and presentation to development teams.
- Work with the accounting development, UX and implementation teams to determine holistic solution including efficient workflows and user interface.
- Assist the QA and UAT testing groups by providing direction & support for User Acceptance Testing, creation of test cases, and test plan creation.
- Lead demonstrations with business, support, and training groups within the project for new and improved applications, communicate detailed descriptions of functionality changes and provide follow up support as required.
- Work with legacy application teams in developing specifications and testing of data extracts and downstream data consumption.
- Assist product management teams in maintaining a repository of enhancement requests, bugs and system workflows issues for prioritization and integration of product roadmaps and development projects.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Experience with requirements capture and business analysis on IT projects for financial applications strongly desired.
- Experience with Agile software development framework
- JIRA, Confluence or development management products experience
- Experience with accounting systems (mutual fund, tax, insurance, etc.) is highly preferred.
- Academic and/or practical experience with accounting concepts such as double entry general ledger posting, lot relief methodologies, bond accruals and amortization is a strong plus.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.96 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock |
Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.