Job Description : Job Description
Primarily manages a staff of audit professionals. Develops and maintains relationships with the clients. Responsible for coordinating and administering the most complex internal auditing projects. Responsible for developing an audit project plan and directing the implementation and completion of the plan with responsibility for the overall quality of audit work performed. Makes recommendations for the design and implementation of audit procedures throughout the company. Provides leadership on assigned project teams. Qualifications
- Proven experience and strong competency in relationship management, project management and audit skills.
- Proven experience and total competency in teamwork, technical, and oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to coach/mentor others.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years professional experience.
Proficient and relatively independent in at least several of the following areas:
- Developing and presenting processes, risks, controls and audit approaches to teams.
- Setting clear quality expectations based on SAS standards and delivers and
- explains reasons for review notes
- Overseeing activities, providing guidance and building staff and senior audit competencies
- Presenting and defending audit issues effectively
- Preparing meaningful, relevant, and well-supported audit reports
- Demonstrating strong listening skills and debating issues in an open, honest and forthright manner
- Creating an open, flexible atmosphere among multiple project teams managed to allow for rigorous interaction and confirmation of audit issues with clients
- Supporting internal audit change initiatives and contributes by participating in a lead role
- Ability to work independently in areas of difficult or complex nature
- Identifying substantive issues that go beyond paperwork shortcomings.
- Looking beyond the obvious; finds solutions, not just problems
- Subject matter expert; strong analytical skills; in-depth evaluator and tester of complex processes and controls.
- Demonstrates basic awareness, understanding and use of SAS systems applications and proven experience with tools such as MS Office & the Internet.
- Advanced degree, CPA and/or other certifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf