Assistant General Counsel, Sales & Trading-Foreign Exchange & Derivatives
Job Description : Job Description
SunTrust seeks an attorney to join the Legal Department to support the Sales and Trading business of SunTrust Robinson Humphrey with a principal focus on foreign exchange and derivatives. This position can be based in Atlanta or Charlotte.
The successful candidate will provide legal support to the Sales & Trading businesses conducted by SunTrust's institutional broker-dealer and swap dealer including equities, bonds, repurchase and securities lending transactions, foreign exchange and derivatives. This position provides advice in connection with relevant regulations including Dodd Frank Title VII Swap regulations and the Volcker Rule as well as the negotiation of master trading and related collateral agreements such as ISDA and SIFMA industry standard documentation.
This position will be broadly responsible for providing practical and cost-effective legal services in a dynamic Sales & Trading environment and advising a wide variety of stakeholders in the institution including the various Sales & Trading businesses, risk functions and the master agreement negotiation and collateral management teams. The role involves the regular interaction with senior executives and regulators. Legal services will include: (i) drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, (ii) undertaking legal research and analysis, (iii) providing guidance on new product development, (iv) managing any contentious matters, and (vii) drafting and/or reviewing internal policies and risk management procedures. Qualifications
- 5 years legal experience.
- Well-organized self-starter able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Capable of working independently with little supervision.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and strategies with senior executives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; with particular emphasize on "drafting and briefing" abilities.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Juris Doctorate with exemplary academic background in undergraduate and post-graduate studies.
- Admitted to practice in good standing under a US State Bar
• M inimum of 2 years advisory experience in relation to master trading agreement and related collateral documentation and CFTC swap regulation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf