Aladdin Business, Product Engineering, Associate
Description About this role
Being a member of the Aladdin Project Services Engineering (APSE) Team means that you are:
- A problem solver who loves coding to tackle problems of all sizes, and who will stop at nothing to deliver for our customers!
- Passionate about improving the client experience, and want to understand first-hand how our products are used every day
- Curious and enjoy learning new skills to deliver impactful solutions for our clients
- A strong communicator and love working on a team
- Excited to learn about both the business and technology sides of a fin-tech organization
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Building scalable, performant and elegant solutions to drive scale and efficiency
- Timely and relevant communication of technology plans, decisions, and challenges to senior team members and stakeholders
- Partnering with colleagues across teams/regions to author innovative solutions that deliver results for our clients
- Aladdin Metrics: Build out Aladdin Metrics, empowering the business to leverage usage and inquiry data to drive more powerful engagements with our clients and to make smart decisions for our team.
- Portfolio Onboarding: Deliver a seamless and intuitive self-service tool set for onboarding portfolios onto Aladdin.
- Aladdin Help: Build out of Aladdin Help, the centralized in-app hub for support resources available in every app within Aladdin.
- 5+ Years of hands-on programming experience. Ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality front and back end solutions.
- Proven ability to work with varied forms of data infrastructure including relational databases; distributed data processing and storage solutions, e.g. Hadoop/HDFS, Spark, HBase and Cassandra.
- Proficiency building and passionate about creating great products that solve critical business problems
- Strong teamwork, communication skills and time management abilities
- Knowledge of or interest in Financial Services is recommended
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience preferred.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.