Principal Systems Engineer
- Alpharetta, GA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- E Trade Financial
- 24 May 19
Principal Systems Engineer
Who We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role Senior Systems Engineer
Innovation using Technology is something that distinguishes E*TRADE Financial from its peers. As one of the largest FinTech companies in the U.S., we are looking for motivated and passionate people like you to help us being new and innovative ideas to life. You will be empowered to champion Innovation and make a difference in everything we do around here.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be part of the Infrastructure Engineering team responsible for supporting the services and products that power the E*TRADE Financial Corporation lines of businesses. If you are highly motivated and goal oriented, can handle interruptions while fluidly switching between several projects, and has a work smart not harder approach, this job will be ideal.
- Work within the group maintaining and developing Infrastructure:
- Develop and extend tools to maintain and monitor deployments.
- Assess, document, present, and execute project assignments.
- Evaluate and recommend commercial and open source software.
- Automate complex processes.
- Escalation point to answer system related questions.
- Train and Mentor team members, system administrators and operators.
- Provide production support.
- 5+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux, strong understanding of Linux OS.
- 5+ years of experience working with Application Delivery Controllers (Citrix Netscalers, F5 Big-IPs etc).
- 5+ years of hands-on Programming experience with Python
- 5+ years of experience working with major Public cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- 5+ years of configuration management experience (e.g., puppet, Git, Subversion.)
- 5+ years of Core Services experience (e.g., Apache/Nginx, Tomcat, Jetty, Postfix, xntpd, bind).
- 5+ years of understanding and working knowledge of fundamental Internet Protocols (e.g., DNS, HTTP, SSH, SMTP, FTP).
- Web/Internet Security experience is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience working with API gateways (Apigee, MuleSoft, IBM API connect).
- VERITAS Netbackup
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.