Associate - Projects
Technology Solutions Analyst
For progressive computer science and information technology-oriented graduates, this is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing and global organization with a passion for building stronger businesses for our clients. Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
See how joining Cognizant and embracing the Future of Work can help you drive your career forward. Position Overview
By joining as a Technology Solutions Analyst, you will become part of our US-based Applications Services team, which provides a full range of IT services to our US clients across multiple industry sectors, from custom application development, testing and maintenance through package deployment, upgrades, and application consulting.
You will be assigned to a client engagement in major cities in the U.S. where you will work alongside other experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions. We work with the best of the best - a representative client list is available on our website.
Your first assignment could involve any combination of the following - application development, maintenance, testing, business requirements gathering and analysis or project management support. Throughout your first two years at Cognizant, we will closely monitor your progress and offer coaching, training and support to help you achieve your long-term career goals at Cognizant. This program has very high visibility with our Executive team and provides tremendous opportunity for leadership development. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Preferred majors include: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, other Engineering disciplines, Information Systems, Decision Sciences, Data Analytics, Data Science, Big Data, and/or Business Administration majors with technical proficiency
- Applicants must be willing to relocate to one of the major geographic areas where we have significant customer accounts and/or travel may be required
- Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a "Green Card") for these roles
- Internship or academic experience with programming languages (Java, Perl, Python, Ruby), modern web technologies (SQL, Cloud, AI, Robotics), or similar technical proficiencies
- Good understanding of programing concepts and software engineering practices, specifically in Object Oriented programing concepts and software engineering practices
- Understanding fundamentals of software development life cycle and importance of quality management and processes
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 16 2020
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.