Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the worlds leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate todays dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the worlds leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Renewable Power Group (RPG) is a rapidly growing team which invests client capital in clean energy assets, including solar, storage and wind. The team sits within Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) Credit Alternatives, a boutique investment platform with approximately $8 billion under management. RPG benefits from an experienced team of industry veterans and significant financial backing, which has resulted in meaningful growth since the team was founded in 2017. We have long-term plans to be among the worlds largest owners and operators of clean energy assets, and are therefore looking to hire a Vice President to support the teams financial planning and analysis efforts.
You will play an instrumental role on the team planning, tracking and supporting the management of investments in renewable energy assets. You will be given significant responsibility in developing and maintaining the toolsets as well as support portfolio scenario analyses within a growing, entrepreneurial business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyze the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPI), especially relating to financial metrics such as sales, expenditures, and profit margin.
- Monitor KPI, and identify the cause of any unexpected variances
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast
- Ad-hoc business performance reporting
- Present the monthly and quarterly financial reports of renewable energy assets
- Implement a business intelligence tool and dashboard reports
- Develop financial models and analyze them to support strategic initiatives
- Support Asset Management Team, Deal Team and Management with data-driven analysis
- Manage and own the financial planning and analysis tool sets
- Collaborate with stakeholders supporting the management and operation of the assets
- Support business development, finance and due diligence teams (among others) on project acquisitions and financial transactions as required
- Prepare the annual operating plans for assets under management in collaboration with Asset Management and Business Development.
- Support annual audit, tax preparation and other corporate reporting requirements
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics or related area
- 5+ years of related experience
- Strong understanding of business, accounting, tax and financial matters
- Aptitude and experience using MS Office suite of products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamics environment
- Must be detail-oriented, motivated and highly organized
- Highly driven, motivated and self-starter that excels in a team environment
- Strong team player with ability to effectively communicate with team members at all levels of the organization
- Strong disposition to follow corporate rules and guidelines
- Humble, roll up your sleeves approach
- Experience in Electric Power generation industry is a plus