Senior Tax Consultant
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Senior Tax Consultant
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
As a member of a hi-performing collaborative tax team this tax professional is responsible for all aspects of the tax function. Responsibilities include preparing Brighthouse Financials federal and state income tax returns for life and non-life entities.
This tax professional will also be responsible for preparing taxable income calculations, pro forma returns, sub-consolidations, and consolidated returns. Responsibilities will also include preparing Brighthouse Financials quarterly income tax estimates and year-end extension calculations and filings, interim and annual tax provision computations (including ASC 740-270, formerly FIN 18) and interim and annual tax projections. This tax professional will also be responsible for providing support and assistance to the tax controversy team for the federal and state income tax portion of external/internal audits. This tax professional will also be responsible for performing tax research and assisting with external and internal audits, as needed.
- Prepare Brighthouse Financials federal and state income tax returns including US federal income tax for life and non-life entities, state income and franchise tax for life and non-life entities
- Prepare consolidated schedules and sub-consolidations for federal income tax return filings as well as taxable income calculations and separate pro forma returns for life and non-life entities
- Prepare quarterly estimated payment calculations, year-end extension payment calculations, and related payment vouchers for federal and state income and franchise tax filings
- Prepare state taxable income calculations and separate pro forma returns for life and non-life entities
- Prepare state consolidated and unitary income tax calculations and returns
- Prepare state franchise tax filings and other Secretary of State annual reports
- Prepare interim and annual US GAAP and Statutory income tax provisions and projections prepared in accordance with ASC 740 and SSAP 101 including analysis of the effective tax rate (ETR) and estimated annual effective tax rate (EAETR), current and deferred tax liability, tax attribute carryforward schedules, deferred tax rollforwards and tax basis proofs, ASC 740-10 (previously FIN 48) reserve analysis, and return to provision reconciliations
- Prepare US GAAP and Statutory interim and annual current and deferred tax journal entries
- Prepare US GAAP current tax payable proof
- Prepare tax disclosures in US GAAP and Statutory financial statements, including Management's Discussion and Analysis, income tax footnote, ETR schedule, tax rate discussion, analysis of forward looking tax-related risks, etc.
- Prepare documentation to support SOX requirements for interim and annual reporting
- Prepare Brighthouse Financials indirect tax accounting including interim and annual accruals
- Maintain income and indirect tax compliance and reporting calendars
- Assist with income and indirect tax portions of external/internal audits
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3-5 years of income and indirect tax accounting and compliance experience
- Technical experience with consolidated tax return regulations as well as Life/Non-Life group issues
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks towards completion at the same time
- Masters in Tax/Accounting
- Working proficiency with tax software (e.g. CorpTax, OneSource, SAP, other)
- Technical experience with life insurance tax and tax accounting (ASC 740, SSAP 101)
Number of Openings