Senior Model Risk Manager
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Analytic Recruiting Inc.
- 28 Jul 17
A Financial Firm that includes banking and a broker-dealer located in the Tampa area is looking for an experienced Quantitative Credit Risk Manager with 8-12 years of experience who can oversee all aspects of the firm’s new Current Expected Credit Loss Models (CECL) for estimating losses in the allowance for loan and lease losses (ALLL) calculation. This role will oversee the firm’s transition to the CECL model including building new credit risk models, introducing: new impairment standards, new credit risk modeling practices, processes, controls and IT systems and a new risk governance and risk management framework.
- Lead a team that manages credit risk and market risk models across all aspects of the firm’s business including: retail banking, investment banking, private wealth management, and broker-dealer operations
- Oversee and manage the firm’s transition to CECL models for estimated loan and lease losses
- As part of senior management, establish and implement the firms new Credit Risk Management strategy and Model Risk Governance programs
- Lead a team that conducts Model Validation across all business units
- Serve as a subject matter expert on statistical modeling (scoring and valuation) across all business units
- Serve as the model risk management representative to senior management and external regulators
- Manage a team of quantitative modelers
- Must have advanced quantitative degree (Masters)
- Must have 8-12 years of Quantitative Credit Risk Model Management experience
- Must have worked on Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) models
- Must be familiar with the Fed’s SR 11-07 Model Risk Governance requirements
- Must have current and advanced quantitative programming skills
- Must have superior communication skills to translate complex quantitative concepts to a non-quantitative audience
- Must have experience managing and mentoring junior quantitative analysts
The firm is offering an attractive compensation and relocation package for the right candidate who is looking to leverage his experience with a top firm in Tampa Florida.
Keywords: Credit Risk Models, CECL, ALLL, Model Risk Management, Model Governance, SR 11-07, Statistical Modeler, Model Risk Manager, Fixed Income Derivatives, Structured Mortgages
Please refer to Job #22672 - and send MS Word attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org