Senior Financial Lead - Investments IT
- Tampa, FL, USA Tampa FL US
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Apr 18 2018-04-10
Are you a finance associate interested in joining a forward-looking IT organization? The associate will be a critical member of the Investments IT Global Strategy and Planning team providing IT financial analysis, guidance, and metrics to Investments IT Leaders as well as Operations and Finance departments using data visualization and robotic process automation to streamline operations.
Job Location: Tampa, FL
Role Value Proposition:
Are you a finance associate interested in joining a forward-looking IT organization? The associate will be a critical member of the Investments IT Global Strategy and Planning team providing IT financial analysis, guidance, and metrics to Investments IT Leaders as well as Operations and Finance departments using data visualization and robotic process automation to streamline operations. The associate will participate in data driven activities specifically related to a global technology infrastructure and software portfolio more than $40M. The ideal candidate will have the ability to deconstruct complex infrastructure financials for customers. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a strong sense of customer service.
- Drive the annual Investments IT infrastructure and software planning processes including application level forecasting, expense planning, project accounting, business allocations and leadership presentations
- Participate in month end financial processes including generation and submission of infrastructure forecasts, vendor accruals, management reporting (TCO, Operating Committee reports), and variance analysis.
- Analyze contracts, hardware/software licenses costs, and other overhead costs with the goal of providing financial guidance to management for potential expense onboarding. Effort includes ensuring budget exists and costs are correctly allocated.
- Participate in infrastructure and software financial forecasting including hardware, software, and personnel updates. Effort includes deep dives to understand root cause of expense drivers and challenging rationale with enterprise knowledge and gathered facts.
- Comprehend and firmly understand third party financials with the goal of obtaining management approval. Effort includes financial retention, financial recollection, and the ability to promptly respond to management inquiries. Vendor or internal associate follow-up may be required where unknowns or complexities exist.
- Processing of SOWs/contract amendments in MetLife Procurement system. Effort involves understanding of financial processes including charge back models and cost centers.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in a IT Finance role managing Infrastructure and or software including capitalization knowledge.
- Comfortable working with Infrastructure and Application development colleagues at all levels.
- He/she will have excellent interpersonal and data organizational skills and be adept at establishing credibility and building relationships.
- It is essential that the candidate be highly organized with an advanced knowledge of MS Excel and constantly looking for process improvements. Excellent and efficient skills including the use of pivot tables, macros and modeling functions
- Experience in financial planning and analysis, IT project accounting and expense management
- Strong work ethic, ability to multitask, attention to detail and resourceful. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Openness to an environment of active developmental feedback from peers and managers
- Proven ability to respond within short time constraints and meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy
- Experience with cloud pricing
- Focus on best practice implementation specifically around financial processes and reporting
- Prior experience with Financial Reporting (e.g. Hyperion,) and Data Visualization Technology (e.g. PowerBI, Apptio)
- BA/BS in Finance / Information Systems (a candidate with a dual Finance / IS degree is a big plus)
- An outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), and work well in cross-functional teams
- Mature and professional candidate who is a self-starter willing to learn and accept a large amount of responsibility over time