Senior Financial Analyst
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're se eking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Senior Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for Intercompany accounting and reporting. The candidate will work closely with another analyst to ensure intercompany payables are reasonable and accurate. Additionally, they will work together to settle the payables on a weekly or monthly basis to include wire initiation, manual journal entries, and account reconciliation. The candidate will work with other departments to identify and resolve breaks. The analyst will also participate in centralized accounting operations duties to include wire initiations and manual journal entries on behalf of other teams. Further, the analyst will participate in the design and documentation of the overall centralized accounting process, including SOX controls, as well as contribute to the design of the future state process. Perform a variety of financial studies, analyze and report interrelationships of financial information. Perform several daily/weekly/monthly tasks. Work effectively and diligently to resolve issues. Work on ad-hoc projects as assigned. The successful candidate will blend a solid foundational financial skillset with the desire and ability to understand the businesses we support. Key Responsibilities:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Prepares internal reports by downloading information from single or multiple sources.
- Analyzes payable/receivable data and settles payables in compliance with corporate policies.
- Perform matching and account reconciliations within Blackline for 6-10 accounts.
- Create continuous opportunities to improve processes and gain efficiencies.
- Assist team in running queries and adhoc reports.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business partners.
- Special projects and adhoc analysis as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferable in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum 5 to 7 years' experience in a Finance or Accounting position
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts, principles and practices
- Experience with MS Excel including advanced functions such as pivot tables, lookup and index match
- Experience with Blackline a plus
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively individually as well as in a team environment