The paraplanner role is to primarily assist Both financial advisors and Practice Manager in the financial planning workflow of our practice. This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
This role provides direct client relationship support through managing, gathering and analyzing client data, helping prepare preliminary financial plans and other client deliverables, working with clients to resolve issues and other practice management tasks as needed. Responds to ad hoc requests, coordinates/tracks projects and/or manages business-as-usual projects such as organizing a client seminar. Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Time Allocation - Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the Practice manager. Location
: Seminole, Tampa, or Leesburg Office Locations Position Functions: 60% Financial Planning & Advice / Product Solutions
40% Client Care / Business Management
- Prepare preliminary financial planning recommendations and initial product solutions for advisor review and use in client meetings
- Prepare Initial meeting prep, recommendations, and initial product solutions for advisor review prior to client meetings
- Prepare charts, graphs, tables and other visual aids to be used in implementation meetings with clients
- Develop portfolio/robust product solution recommendations that will fit the client's risk tolerance and time frame as well as develop appropriate product deliverables
Required Qualifications Key Traits of a Successful Paraplanner:
- Maintain client contact during the financial planning process. Answer questions and provide readily available information to clients, if requested and as allowable, as it relates to servicing their accounts
- Review and update client information as needed for client review meetings. Attend and participate in client meetings if necessary.
- Manage and resolve client service problems
- Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisor(s)
Education and Other Designations:
- Direct attention to detail and organization
- Effective communication with clients and other advisors/staff
- Effective and efficient time management
- Polite and clear phone manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisor's practice
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow
About Our Company
- 2 year college degree or industry licenses already, industry certifications or higher
- Past similar experience
- Already have or be able to study for and pass exams for federal and state licenses and registrations for securities, including Series 7, Series 66, and State life, accident and health insurance licenses quickly while working full time.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.