The position requires understanding and experience working with data flows. Technical experience should include a combination of database programming and ETL expertise. The project team will include both on-shore and off-shore developers, so the role requires experience working with a remote team. The individual must be familiar with industry standard development methodologies and best practices to ensure the team's work is compliant with risk management guidelines. This position entails 60% new coding/database integration/systems integration, 30% code and content maintenance, and 10% documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
• Working experience in automation, development, and implementation of data solutions for large-scale systems, across multiple platforms
• Hands-on experience with architecting, implementing, and tuning various applications using MS SQL Server
• Working experience in ETL development (SSIS)
• Working experience in SQL coding and tuning
• Working experience in C#
- Working experience in scripting languages (PowerShell, Python)
• Experience supporting the entire software development and implementation lifecycle
• Decommission excel driven processes and convert them to enterprise level ETL processes.
• Automate data flow manual processes across departments
• Optimize data flows and work flows
• Ensure data integrity and quality
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and clients.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Roll up your sleeve work ethic.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor or Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant technical training preferred
- Between 3 to 5 year working experience in data management.
- Required skills include SQL development, Integration Services, Reporting Services, Data Modeling, SQL Server tuning, configuration and maintenance.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills.
- Strong Oral and Written Communications Skills
- Detail oriented and well organized.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization.