It's an exciting time to join Signode due to growth within the company and the industry. This position will be responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels at various warehouses while managing levels to meet corporate goals. The buyer will be responsible for managing paper, corrugated, and linerboard product categories. The successful candidate will be working closely with the plants to pull their data and create spreadsheets to in order to analyze and plan.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage product categories towards proper inventory levels and reduction of backorders to end goal of properly servicing our customer base.
- Develop strong relationships with over 40 paper mills in the USA.
- Work closely with paper mills to identify available inventories to purchase.
- Manage product categories to support intra-companies plant production.
- Communicate between both plants and paper mills to determine plants needs and mills capacity to supply product.
- Thorough understanding of indexes for: boxboard, containerboard, URB, kraft, extensible mullen grades and linerboard medium.
- Manage inventories to Key Performance Indicators set by manager.
- Expedite purchase orders to meet demands and on time shipping metrics.
- Prepare for demand changes in planning to ensure high accuracy of forecast needs.
- Coordinate the shipments and logistics of purchase orders.
- Identify current product shortages and develop and communicate a recovery plan to both plants and manager.
- Coordinate material movement between vendors, warehouse and production.
- Key point person in RGA processing procedures.
- Collaborate with plants to ensure proper inventory targets are met.
- Work with Category Manager and plants to determine forecast by product groups.
- Be actively involved monthly SIOP meetings.
- Work with plants and supply base to define capacity planning and prioritize purchase order production.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably emphasis in Supply Chain.
Experience / Abilities:
- 3-5 years inventory or supply chain experience
- Knowledge of the paper, corrugated, and linerboard industries helpful
- Interpersonal, Communications and Influencing skills
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics AX and Excel.