Internal Audit - Communications Lead Analyst
Internal Audit (IA) is a global organization of over 1,600 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients in over 180 countries. Citi's IA division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment. IA is a change agent within Citi to enhance the control environment and thereby support senior management decision making around the world.
This position is for a Vice President supporting the Internal Audit Communications / Business Management Office. The objective of this role is to help develop effective and proactive communication messaging internally within IA (1,600+ auditors in over 60 countries), more broadly across Citi (other product / function stakeholders) and externally in the marketplace (regulatory bodies, industry partners, recruiting and social media efforts). The goal of the team is to drive successful implementation of strategic initiatives, such as audit quality, innovation, recruiting and retention and simultaneously enhance the IA brand across Citi and the industry. This role involves close partnership with the most senior members of the Internal Audit Function including the Citi Chief Auditor and members of her leadership team.
This role will be required to provide all tactical support to the communications/business management team developing talking points, video scripts, powerpoint presentations, website and template designs, and other communication and branding materials. In addition, the candidate will leverage traditional communication channels such as email, video, newsletters, global town halls, the IA intranet, and social media, among others, and master platforms such as Zoom, Sharepoint, Collaborate (internal engagement platform), CitiMeet, Slido and Skype. This role will also be responsible for developing new communication tools and techniques along the way, while measuring metrics for success on new and existing items. Overall, duties will be complex and highly confidential and will require a high level of discretion and judgment. Responsibilities:
- Creation of professional, dynamic and engaging PowerPoint decks for the Chief Auditor and Leadership Team. This will include meeting materials for internal Citi stakeholders, for regulators, for conference presentations / keynotes and other business as usual (BAU) items.
- Maintain the Internal Audit Intranet site with new content and organizational changes. This would include periodic design refreshes and new page creation.
- Create and maintain other Internal Audit related sites / platforms with a creative layout and focusing on delivering the best user experience. This will include providing support to all content owners, managing entitlements and ensuring the proper closure of all retired sites.
- Provide all logistical support for event planning (global town halls, leadership meetings, conference participation, roadshows etc.) as well as support with content creation.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to drive their agenda and create high impact content for audit staff.
- Drive the adoption of strategic change initiatives across the organization including project management and coordination of specific initiatives, for example driving adoption of Technology and Methodology Innovation across the IA function.
- Write and edit copy for various internal communications and strategic initiatives including launching Campaigns, HR Communications and Management Announcements.
- Keep track and report on key communications metrics as needed to measure success.
- Drive a positive culture change within IA with the support of global employee engagement programs such as Diversity & Inclusion and Voice of the Employee (VOE), among others. This will include representation on each council to and working closely with council leads to drive and implement new initiatives.
- Manage other ongoing and ad hoc strategic projects for the function
- Experience in a related role such as Marketing, Communications, Branding, Social Media, Public Relations or Graphic Design preferred
- 5-7 years of experience preferred
- Prior experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) are a must
- Strong project management skills to deliver quality items in a timely manner
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, including a proven ability to produce professional PowerPoint presentations and designing creative materials such as infographics and templates
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work proactively without close supervision
- Strong judgment and decision making skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- Strong interpersonal skills, energy, attention to detail and enthusiasm
- Ability to manage conflict and work under pressure
- Ability to interact confidently with all stakeholders
- Strong team player
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Communications and External Relations Job Family:
Communications Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting