Compliance Risk Management Senior Officer - Regulation O (Telecommute Eligible)
Serves as a senior compliance risk management officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework. Responsibilities:
- Designing, developing, delivering and maintaining best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM as related to key U.S. prudential bank regulations (in particular, Regulation O).
- Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Citi's clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide direction and guidance on the programs. Serves as a subject matter expert on Citi's Compliance programs for U.S. prudential bank regulations (in particular, Regulation O).
- Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structuring potential solutions and driving effective resolution with other stakeholders.
- Identifying and assessing Citi's key compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, and reported through a consolidated U.S. prudential bank regulatory report, consistent with the bank's risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi's Compliance Risk Policies and measuring compliance risk through a robust control framework and ensuring that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively.
- Performing complex analyses of comparative data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to compliance risk assessments, and monitoring of compliance related issues.
- Partnering, collaborating and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Expertise in U.S. prudential bank (in particular, Regulation O) laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies, or a demonstrated ability to quickly acquire regulatory knowledge through coverage of comparably complex financial regulations;
- Advanced ability to understand complex financial regulations, analyze applicability across a wide variety of circumstances and identify issues;
- Advanced ability to design and execute sustainable processes to mitigate compliance risk;
- Prior experience at or with a peer bank interacting with senior level executives and handling sensitive information preferred;
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills;
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive;
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standard
- Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in a financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; advanced degree (e.g., J.D.) preferred
Note: Role is eligible for Telecommute location Job Family Group:
Compliance and Control Job Family:
Compliance Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting