CVP, Digital Creative and User Experience #78967
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 17 Oct 18
CVP, Digital Creative and User Experience #78967
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
New York Life Direct supports direct-to-consumer sales of life insurance and long term care through direct response channels such as direct mail, digital, and print. This position will be part of the digital creative development team within the Tampa marketing department.
New York Life Direct is looking for a seasoned digital creative and user experience professional who can think strategically and execute creatively to support front-end website creative development. The CVP, Digital Creative and User Experience (UX) will work in a highly collaborative environment- partnering with colleagues from digital strategy, research, and IT to develop and execute creative strategies to improve web functionality and create new concepts that drive conversion, leads and sales. The right candidate will be able to lead internal and external design and copy resources to quickly deliver and execute creative ideas that meet marketing objectives. They must also be able to "roll up the sleeves" to get the job done - creating wireframes, Photoshop concepts, PowerPoint presentations and creative briefs to lead creative development efforts.
Daily tasks will include leading and working with team members in an agile environment to understand business objectives and marketing strategies. There will also be daily communication and creative collaboration with external agency partners and internal teams to develop creative, facilitate workflow, create and update schedules/timelines, and manage the compliance approval process. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for digital and new technology. This candidate should also be hands-on, collaborative, and energetic to thrive in our fast-paced environment. The CVP, Digital Creative and UX will also be extremely detail oriented and able to pivot and think quickly in order to advance projects, negotiate copy revisions and establish work around solutions to copy and design.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Communications, Advertising, or Marketing
- Minimum of eight years experience in advertising and/or marketing required including creative strategy/ execution of marketing strategies to develop front-end creative concepts for digital media
- Minimum of three years experience managing writers, graphic artists, and developers in the development of new creative materials.
- Experience in maintaining and updating creative for websites, digital creative development and production mandatory
- Digital destination strategy experience necessary
- Knowledge of UX and UI best practices and tools.
- Great visual design with mastery of typography, color, and layout, especially how all three work in a responsive and/or mobile first context.
- Solid understanding of front end development technologies (HTML, CSS, JS) and responsive design with ability to prototype UI concepts - HTML5.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Familiarity with Adobe Marketing Cloud (Analytics, Target, etc) and Content Management Systems, a plus
- Experience partnering with market research to leverage usability research to test and improve designs
- Experience managing creatives and agencies mandatory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Must possess the ability to build relationships, establish plans and drive projects through to completion
- Ability to sort collected data and disseminate or redirect creative approach
- Employ self-motivation, independence and flexibility in multi-tasking
- Creative development of direct response print and direct mail experience helpful
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.