CVP Digital Analytics and Forecasting #58526
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 15 Dec 17 2017-12-15
CVP Digital Analytics and Forecasting #58526
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The CVP of Digital Analytics and Forecasting will be responsible for delivering insights to senior leadership and the digital team to drive new media, web, creative and forecasting strategies. This role will be the expert in Adobe Analytics and have strong capabilities to query our customer database to connect information across web activities and customer activities/profitability. This position will manage an individual responsible for our current forecasting and planning process.
- Deliver digital insights to senior leadership, marketing LOB leaders and the broader digital team by leveraging tools available including SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics, Market research, Full Story and other tools. Understand technical aspects of these tools and Tag management platforms.
- Manage the planning and forecasting process: create and review historical trend analyses, agree upon plan assumptions and build projections worksheets for review with VP of Marketing, the strategy team and channel managers throughout the year.
- Query internal databases to understand quality measures and ROI of media and onsite testing by understanding the quality of customers acquired.
- Work closely with Marketing Strategy and Planning staff to monitor program status. Plan and inform senior management of trends or issues that result in variance to plan.
- Develop and utilize quality control processes that validate the accuracy and reasonableness of marketing plans and sales projections across all key measures.
- Oversee continuous review of process improvements in quality control, database activities, SharePoint, etc.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 5-7 years of experience in web analytics tools like Adobe Analytics (Omniture), IBM Digital Analytics (Coremetrics), or similar platform
- Exceptional analytical skills are required, including the ability to analyze raw data, identify trend drivers, draw conclusions, and summarize actionable recommendations and their forecasted outcomes/implications
- Strong technical skills are required, particularly understanding how tags work and how the corresponding digital data is configured and created.
- Exposure to mobile, social, tablet measurement approaches as well as understanding of role of attribution and paths to conversions
- Solid expertise in Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to review large sets of data and evaluate for consistency and accuracy.
- Conscientious about deadlines and good at prioritizing to meet them.
- Able to guide and work with external vendors and internal departments.
- Must have the ability to extrapolate complex information and apply to unrelated data.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities at once.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.