Accountant - Revenue Regional eFares
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART)
- 18 Oct 17 2017-10-18
Supports key back office financial functions for the Regional Fare Collection Program, which will include test plan creation, test results review & analysis, trouble shooting and resolving issues. It will also include the additional activities of maintaining accounting tables, reconciling interagency reports & settlements and various accounting functions.
ESSEINTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide input to the financial test plans which would include scenarios and expected outcomes.
• Pull reports and analyze the testing results.
• Troubleshoot issues and propose resolutions.
• Update and maintain financial tables for products, rates, business rules, etc.
• Pull reports for the Agency’s sales and revenue.
• Pull and design reports to support the net settlements with the other participating agencies
• Perform various reconciliations related to the regional eFare system, including Accounts Receivable, Cash Receipts and Deferred Revenue.
• Assist Revenue Accountant with journal entries and other accounting functions related to the Regional Fare Collection Program.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
• Three years of experience in accounting related work.
• Experience in personal computers (Microsoft Excel, Access database, Word) and accounting software applications.
• Great Plains software experience desired.
Machines, Tools and Equipment Used:
• Computer, calculator, copier, printer, and telephone.
• Must be able to obtain a valid Florida driver’s license within 10 days of hire.
Skills and Ability:
• Ability to work with accounting general ledger software.
• Ability to work with applicable accounting software.
• Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally, especially in reports and meetings.
• Ability to think analytically and make sound judgments from analysis.
• Ability to troubleshoot, identify issues, make recommendations and identify resolutions.
• Strong Excel and data analysis skills.
• Work under stress and interruptions.
• Interact positively with a variety of personalities internally and externally.
• Maintain strict confidentiality.
• Set and execute departmental goals and objectives.
• Detail oriented / Perform calculations with accuracy.
• Dress appropriately and maintain personal hygiene.
• Meet attendance and punctuality requirements.
• Be a flexible, effective team leader/player.
• Generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) and Government Accounting Standards Board (“GASB”) requirements.
• Financial management systems such as enterprise resource programs (ERP).
• Accounting general ledger software; Great Plains knowledge a plus
• Data processing applications as related to accounting, Excel and word processing.
• Standard office practices, procedures and equipment, including personal computer and 10-key calculator.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
• Works in an environment where there is exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting HART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided. May be subject to shift change in order to participate in periodic internal audits.
• Usual office environment. Exposure to dust/dirt and noise in count room and/or mailroom.
• Constant periods of lifting, sitting, standing, walking, oral and written communication and listening.
• Occasional periods of computer usage.
• Intermittent periods of driving in varying climates.
• Frequent periods of lifting and carrying supplies, files and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
It is the responsibility of all HART employees to provide a safe and secure environment for HART customers, contractors, visitors and fellow co-workers. HART employees are also responsible for:
• Adhering to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, security, and quality management.
• Recognizing and reporting all accidents and hazardous conditions.
• Assisting in the development of workplace safety procedures for their respective departments.
• Promoting workplace safety procedures within their department.
• Adhering to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
The Agency promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety and equipment training for all personnel as required.
ADA Compliance: HART is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or other status protected by Federal or State law. Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during the application process and/or interview process in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.