- Tampa, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 18 Oct 18
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
This position will be responsible for the preparation of mortgage loan and alternative investment results, schedules and related disclosures included in the Company's Form 10Ks, Form 10Qs, Quarterly Financial Supplement (QFS); Statutory quarterly and annual filings; and periodic rating agency surveys. These financial reports support the Company's ongoing operations, SEC & insurance statutory requirements and registered insurance product filings. The role also requires an understanding of GAAP, SEC and Statutory reporting requirements.
- Prepare mortgage loan and alternative investment disclosures in the 10-K, 10-Q, QFS, and stand-alone audited financial statements for on a GAAP & Statutory basis.
- Prepare mortgage loan and alternative investment disclosures for the US Treasury and rating agencies.
- Prepare Statutory Blue Book investment schedules.
- Analyze and validate data from internal and external sources.
- Develop accurate and timely ad hoc reports.
- Analyze business critical data and recommend improvements.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and document business requirements.
- Maintain accurate, meaningful and updated technical and non-technical documentation pertaining to all aspects of responsibilities.
- Respond to questions from external and internal auditors, front office and financial reporting teams regarding mortgage loan and alternative investment related items.
- Implement new accounting pronouncements or disclosure requirements.
- Other tasks as needed.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other related fields
- 5+ years of experience in a public or private company environment
- Completion of or progress towards CPA or MBA preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP & Statutory accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (macros, pivot tables and advanced formulas)
- Knowledge of MS Access
- Intermediate data management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Investment experience preferred
- Experience with financial reporting systems (SAP, PeopleSoft and Hyperion preferred)