US Portfolio Construction Specialist
- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA Saint Petersburg FL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 27 Apr 18 2018-04-27
US Portfolio Construction Specialist
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The Portfolio Construction Specialist is responsible for in-depth knowledge of Franklin Templeton and competitor products and how those products are incorporated into portfolios. They serve as a first point of contact for internal and external global sales portfolio construction requests. As well as, assists more senior team members by providing internal and external clients and prospects with insights about portfolio construction tools and techniques and outcomes that enhance Franklin Templeton's understanding of portfolio construction benefits, usages and implementation. Promotes, defends and positions the Franklin Templeton product line and is as a trusted resource in global sales initiatives with minimal input from senior team members or Manager.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a person in this role?
Internal Portfolio Construction Consulting:
- Provides assistance, education and documentation on how products fit into portfolios, and advises on specific product outcomes. Works on risk analytics, factor models, regression tools, stress testing.
- Proficient at assisting Global Product Strategy (GPS) and Institutional, National Account Managers , etc. with external product information and analysis, performance and competitor landscape.
- With guidance from more senior team members, articulates all of Franklin Templeton's product investment team views, philosophy, process and performance. Integrates and conceptualizes the relationship between markets, client objectives, internal viewpoints, firm strengths and weaknesses and delivers analysis to end clients.
- Understands a wide range of products and strategies and communicates where risk is coming from in portfolios.
- Provides portfolio construction perspective (investment strategy positioning and performance context, voice, & messaging) to internal business partners responsible for producing and delivering content with some guidance from more senior Portfolio Construction Consultants.
- Collaborates and assist internal business partners in PAIR, Portfolio Management, and FT Solutions with specific research priorities related to portfolio construction and outcomes.
- Assists GPS with reporting and analyzing how internal and external products are used in various model portfolios.
- Assists Sr. Portfolio Construction team members with building reports (by model type, firm, product type, consistency of usage of other metrics) about products and how they fit into portfolios to help model how Franklin Templeton can provide better solutions.
- Provides commentary on reports based on market knowledge and research expertise.
What would make a person successful in this role?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Finance or Economics, or related field required
- CFA Charter holder or equivalent postgraduate training or experience required
- Series 6, 7 licences required
- 5-8 years' experience related to analytical work and portfolio construction.
- Progress toward MBA or graduate degree in Finance or Economics, or related field would be an asset
- Proficiency in various risk based research systems and reporting (ex. Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg Point, Barra One, Cognity or Factset ) required
- Strong analytical skills with an extensive knowledge of sales process
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking abilities
- Ability to articulate investment ideas and discuss relevance to market professionals
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to interact with clients as necessary.
- Strong project management skills, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.