Search Our Jobs
Radius Radius 5 miles 15 miles 25 miles 35 miles 50 miles
Go Technical Writer - Req. 1902816
Description Job Summary:
Writes end-user documentation for proprietary applications, develops written training materials and writes departmental procedures. Participates in researching and evaluating new tools, technologies, and processes. Applies specialized domain knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Makes judgements and recommendations based on analysis and knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learns functions of internally developed software to write end-user documentation (such as online help, quick reference guides, and release notes).
- Leads or coordinates documentation projects and initiatives.
- Mentors other writers in the use of products and publishing tools, the development of documentation plans and schedules, and the development of documentation content.
- Stays abreast of the trends and emerging technologies in the technical communication field.
- Works with management to research new tools and processes and presents findings and implementation recommendations.
- Evaluates and suggests improvements to processes, standards, and guidelines.
- Devises and implements methodologies that increase the quality and usability of documentation.
- Maintains relationships with training and support areas to understand documentation issues that span products and helps implement improvements.
- Works closely with departmental peers to promote team building through the free exchange of ideas and methodologies.
- Makes decisions independently and in a timely manner regarding schedule changes and project or product issues.
- Attends project meetings to keep informed of changes and maintains communication with other members of the project team.
- Researches and writes articles for the department-s technology communication venues.
- Develops forms, informational brochures, flyers, and other supporting materials.
- Communicates highly technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor-s degree English, Technical Writing, Journalism, Business or related degree and three (3) years of relevant experience preferably in systems or application administration or a combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Advanced technical writing and publication methods and best practices.
- Adobe FrameMaker and RoboHelp.
- HTML scripting or HTML authoring tools.
- Familiarity with Word and SnagIt
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with MadCap Flare
Competencies and Behaviors:
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- - Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- - Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- - Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- - Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- - Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
Share This Job Current Raymond James Employees, click here »
Enter your corporate email address to refer a friend!
Submit Experienced Professionals Students & Recent Grads Recent Jobs
Match Your Skills
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Austin, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
Using your LinkedIn profile, find jobs matched to your skills and experience