About Raymond James:
Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500 diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 8,000 financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. With over 130 consecutive quarters of growth and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the premier alternative to Wall Street.
Raymond James Identity and Access Management team is a seeking a Security Systems Engineer. The Systems Engineer manages a variety of industry leading IAM technologies and using business driven requirements, plans and designs enterprise systems infrastructure. The role evaluates and implements hardware and software products to meet Raymond James’ information security needs. The systems engineer monitors day to day performance of the infrastructure and works with project teams on the integration of new systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages the evaluation, implementation, and upgrades of new and existing products and technologies which typically cover a broad variety of enterprise-class infrastructure disciplines.
• Researches and recommends innovative technologies and approaches for enterprise infrastructure management, upgrades, or improvements, while adhering to technical or budgetary constraints.
• Analyzes system requirements, including identifying interactions and appropriate interfaces between affected components and sub systems.
• Proactively plans capacity of platforms and applications.
• May participate in projects including preparing project plans, assigning tasks, monitoring statuses, coordinating efforts, validating team recommendations, integrating efforts into a comprehensive strategy and delivering results on time.
• Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements, flow charts and technical diagrams.
• Responsible for independently resolving incidents, vulnerabilities, and problems as they are identified.
• Rotating on-call responsibilities.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience in assigned area or combination or education, experience and training.
• Event/log analysis and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with some or all of the following applications and technologies is required:
- Comfortable maintaining applications on Windows or Linux platforms
- CA Siteminder or Ping Identity for Web Access Management and Single Sign On (SSO) using SAML
- RSA Technologies including SecurID and Adaptive Authentication
- CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault (EPV) and Privileged Session Manager (PSM)
- Ability to read and modify scripting languages such as BASH, PowerShell, and Batch
• Experience with some or all of the following applications or technologies is desired:
- F5 APM
- Active Directory and LDAP engineering experience
- Microsoft Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Venafi and appviewX Certificate management
- DNS, DHCP, and IPAM
- PING and Okta
• None required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
• Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.