Sr Operations Specialist
- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA Saint Petersburg FL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
Sr Operations Specialist
Fiduciary Trust Company International has been a trusted investment manager for individuals, families and foundations for more than 80 years. With world-class capabilities in investment management, trust and estate services, and custody services, we have the expertise to meet the requirements of the most sophisticated clients and their advisors, and can help assure that their families' needs will be met long into future generations.
In 2001, Fiduciary Trust joined forces with Franklin Resources, Inc., a global investment management company operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Assist Transaction Processing Analyst and Associates by reviewing daily work, resolving and addressing technical and logistical issues as they occur thereby ensuring the accuracy of all processing. Requires keeping abreast of and implementing changes in the daily mutual funds procedures, the market practices, mutual funds trade settlement tracking, Federal Reserve Bank auction changes and Option Clearing Corp (OCC) settlements to ensure that all related information is distributed in a timely and accurate manner, and in compliance with internal controls and regulatory requirements. Dealing with changes and uncertainty in our system environment.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities
- Oversee and process daily functions of the desk, follow up with staff and ensure all processes are completed accurately and timely. Taking action on any items requiring follow-up and ensuring necessary personnel are notified. Assist in department training and projects as required.
- Assist analysts and associates as needed on daily processes, during spikes and in their absence; reviewing workflow and making recommendations on improving functions.
- Assist supervisor as required; special projects and business continuity.
- Maintaining and updating current operational procedures for the section. Reconciling department receivables, general ledger, assets and cash breaks. Maintain statistical records.
Education and Experience
- Four year college degree in business-related field or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of financial experience in securities/investment business
- Sound knowledge of financial markets and various security types
- Graduate-level courses in accounting, finance or management are viewed favorably
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Good interpersonal and people-management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Work well in a daily deadline oriented environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team environment
- Solves routine problems of moderate scope and complexity following established policies and procedure
- Work is closely supervised, follows specific, detailed instruction. Defers non-routine matters to supervisor
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems; ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Ability to hear and speak to employees and outside business associates on the phone and in person.
- Ability to sit for long hours at a time
- Ability to see the letters and numbers on a personal computer screen and on memos, reports and other documents (near vision)
- Requires moderate right and left hand coordination for the use of the typewriter and/or personal computer.
- Ability to maintain a professional image
- May coordinate duties of departmental staff
- Acts as lead to lower level staff
- Ability to set direction and guide staff to desired results
- Ability to help others adapt to changes
- May be required to travel to and from FTI domestic offices, approximately once a year
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.