Retirement Reporting Specialist - HNW
- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA Saint Petersburg FL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
Retirement Reporting Specialist - HNW
Fiduciary Trust Company International has been a trusted investment manager for individuals, families and foundations for more than 80 years. With world-class capabilities in investment management, trust and estate services, and custody services, we have the expertise to meet the requirements of the most sophisticated clients and their advisors, and can help assure that their families' needs will be met long into future generations.
In 2001, Fiduciary Trust joined forces with Franklin Resources, Inc., a global investment management company operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented and customer-focused candidate to join our winning team in Fiduciary Investor Services .
Primary Responsibility: The Retirement Reporting Specialist will be responsible for various types of tax reporting and administrative processing for government pensions and IRA clients. The specialist is also responsible for identifying and solving client issues while meeting target deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Daily reconciliation and preparation of tax deposit forms, electronic filings, and reconciliation forms for federal and state tax authorities.
- Annual filing of IRS tax form 5498, 1099R and others required for individual retirement accounts and pension plans.
- Process cash management requests/withdrawals from pension plans (via ACH, Check, inter/intra account transfers)
- Research and resolve issues regarding client inquiries, payments, tax documents, withholding election, etc.
- Respond to internal and external client questions and concerns on a timely basis.
- Review and validate client instructions for authenticity.
- Foster, collaborate, and deliver superior service to all contacts and administrators for each retirement plan.
- Research and issuance of corrected IRS tax forms when necessary.
- Responsible for completeness and integrity of client data on pension payroll systems.
- Participate in client meetings/conference calls as needed.
- Provide guidance to the broader organization regarding individual retirement accounts and pension plan activity.
- Understand clients' satisfaction levels, identify client's recurring problems, and escalate issues to the appropriate manager.
- Provide internal support to other areas within the department. Work closely with peers in these areas in establishing and maintaining best practice service levels.
- Maintain knowledge of IRS, DOL, and ERISA regulations associated with Individual Retirement Accounts and pension plans.
- Participate in department projects as needed
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong knowledge of individual retirement accounts and retirement plan administration.
- Knowledge of pension payroll processing.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate on behalf of the company to both internal and external clients
- Ability to represent the Company at professional and business functions in a competent manner
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines
- Ability to manage challenging external clients and special situations
- Ability to effectively prioritize and adapt to changing workloads and deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems; ensuring solutions are consistent with organization objectives
- Must be able to make decisions quickly and appropriately, sometimes in the absence of detailed instructions
- Ability to anticipate service level issues and proactively escalate
- Occasional travel to other FTI locations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree in business-related field or 4+ years of relevant investment industry experience.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.