Product Liaison - Req. 1903121
St. Petersburg, Florida https://jobs.raymondjames.com/job/st-petersburg/product-liaison/954/13826031 Product Liaison - Req. 1903121
Description Job Summary:
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education, experience and/or specialized training to communicate assigned product information, analysis, and investment solutions to financial advisors/brokers and agents. Also, assists in the preparation of publications and performs maintenance and upkeep of departmental spreadsheets, databases, and web pages. Participates in defined product research projects of moderate scope and complexity. Guidance is provided to perform varied, sometimes complex, analysis activities that require some evaluation, originality and ingenuity in solving problems or making moderately complex decisions. Regular contact with internal customers and external information sources is required to obtain, clarify, or provide facts or information. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Fields incoming calls on available products and services. •
Responds to questions about specific assigned products. •
Discusses and explains industry trends and identify appropriate investment opportunities. •
Distributes fund information, press releases, and other news to interested parties. •
Conducts portfolio reviews and deliver recommendations. •
Stays abreast of all program changes and product specifics and communicates changes. •
Assists in the creation of reports and or databases as needed. •
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of:
• Strong concepts, practices, and procedures of financial research.
• Strong investment concepts, practices, and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Financial markets and products.
• Principles of finance and broker/dealer operations. Skill in:
• Oral and written communication.
• Assessing, analyzing, and explaining market events on assigned investment products.
• Identifying and responding to client needs.
• Problem solving sufficient to effectively analyze, research and resolve inquiries and issues in a timely manner.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications. Ability to:
• Rapidly learn and retain new information daily.
• Gather information and monitor events pertaining to assigned investment products and the markets in general.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Establish clear directions and priorities and address concerns or challenging questions when they arise.
• Represent in a highly professional manner.
• Identify problems, gather facts, and develop solutions.
• Handle stressful situations while providing a high level of customer service.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with internal and external client’s at all organizational levels.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, internal partners, and external parties.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment. Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in related discipline and a minimum of one (1) year of financial services industry experience.
~or~ • Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources. Licenses/Certifications:
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• FINRA Series 7 Licenses required within six (6) months from date of hire. Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm