Private Wealth Consultant
- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA Saint Petersburg FL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
Private Wealth Consultant
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Private Wealth group responsible for?
Franklin Templeton's Private Wealth Division is composed of a team of seasoned professionals dedicated to providing exceptional service to independent investment advisors and trust companies. The Private Wealth Consultant will be assigned a territory to cultivate and develop new and existing Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), Bank Trust, and Private Bank relationships. This is a challenging role for a self-motivated and sales driven professional.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Private Wealth Consultant?
- Conduct proactive sales presentations to Bank Trust, Family Offices and RIA firms using strong knowledge of the financial industry and Franklin Templeton products.
- Manage client relationships in designated territory primarily through telephone, email and social media communication.
- Grow and retain existing relationships and identify and cultivate new opportunities for territory/ firm.
- Conduct advisor profiling to determine how Franklin Templeton's products complement an advisor firm's business needs.
- Position Franklin Templeton solutions against identified gaps in advisor model or offerings using Portfolio Construction expertise, tools and resources.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of Franklin Templeton investment strategies and current economic and market conditions. This is done through participation in product management and portfolio manager meetings, understanding internal thought leadership, monitoring financial industry media and active participation in internal meetings.
- Mentor new and existing Advisor Consultants and Sales Associates.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- Series 7 required & Series 63 required (or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire with training provided for eligible candidates.)
- 3 + years of financial services or equivalent sales experience.
- Networking, business development, and selling acumen
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Institutional sales experience a plus
- CIMA, CFA, or CFP designation a plus
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.