Senior Mortgage Consultant - RJB - Req. 1902097https://jobs.raymondjames.com/job/united-states/senior-mortgage-consultant-rjb/954/12561139 Senior Mortgage Consultant - RJB - Req. 1902097
This role position has the ability to be remote/work from home.
Under limited supervision and in partnership with Banking Consultants and Internal Banking Consultants, analyzes clients’ financial position to identify loan programs for which clients qualify that meet clients’ financial situation and plan. Originates loan applications. Provides information and consultation to BCs, Financial Advisors and clients regarding loan programs and the corresponding requirements. Develops and builds relationships with Raymond James Financial Advisors within assigned area(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes client mortgage financing needs and recommend suitable loan structure based on client circumstances and loan policies.
• Originates mortgage loan applications received through the RJ Bank loan line, as well as from referrals from Financial Advisors.
• Primary point of contact for Private Client Banking partners, FAs/SA/s and clients until loan submitted to Mortgage Processing.
• Manages in conjunction with the Banking Consultant, Internal Banking Consultant and Processors, the client and Financial Advisor relationship with the Bank.
• Performs analysis of requested loan terms to ensure conformity to all guidelines.
• Manages initial mortgage client communications and approval communications (in conjunction with Mortgage Banking Operations and Banking Consultant/Internal Banking Consultant) with the client and Financial Advisor.
• Works with processing team for documentation collection, and regulatory compliance. Comply with all federal, state laws, as well as internal policies and procedures.
• Analyzes client needs for other financial services promoting bank products.
• Troubleshoots and resolves any issues that arise during the loan process including escalation and service issues.
• Partners with Banking Consultants, Internal Banking Consultants, and Mortgage Operations to ensure consistent and high quality service for associated territory.
• Manages central phone numbers and email boxes.
• Responsible for pricing and credit exception approvals.
• May assist in creating proposals for clients.
• Accountable for individual loan production goals, loan profitability, loan structuring and compliance.
• Cultivates opportunities to support community reinvestment and to reach the diverse population within the Bank’s assessment area.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Principles, practices, and procedures of retail lending.
• Raymond James Bank, Fannie Mae, Federal regulatory requirements, state regulatory requirements, and correspondent lender guidelines to ensure a profitable loan is originated.
• Principles and methods for promoting and selling products or services.
• Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services such as: customer needs assessments, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Using appropriate interpersonal styles to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
• Interacting with Financial Advisors, clients, associates and third party professionals through the mortgage process.
• Reading, interpreting, analyzing and applying information from credit reports and other client provided financial information.
• Providing a high level of customer service in the spirit of Raymond James’ Service 1st commitment.
• Identifying the needs of customers through effective questioning and listening techniques.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Build professional relationships.
• Learn regulatory, internal, and investor guidelines. Identify the needs of customers through effective questioning and listening techniques.
• Articulate reasons behind decisions.
• Clearly communicate regarding decisions, changes, and other relevant information.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Make recommendations for initiating changes to policies and procedures.
• Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a Mortgage Loan Officer or a verifiable sales track record that meets Raymond James Bank production goals.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
• None Required, mortgage certification or broker’s license preferred.
• NMLS required
· Raymond James Bank is an EOE/AA and VEVRAA Federal Contractor
· Priority will be given to protected veterans
· EOE/AA: Female/Minorities/Disabled/Protected Veterans/LGBT
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.