Manager Data Production
- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA Saint Petersburg FL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 27 Apr 18 2018-04-27
Manager Data Production
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The Data Lead will have direct responsibility for a small group of data experts that will be responsible for ensuring data is fully automated & delivered within established SLAs to support the creation, maintenance and release of core suite marketing materials to clients. The Data Lead will serve as an extension of the Product Data Services (PDS) team to ensure optimized production of core suite marketing materials, including being able to represent or understand Global Advisory Services data management, system to system data operations management and technical/client data servicing.
They will have sole responsibility for managing all inquiries for new data, changes or issue resolution. This includes setting priorities with business teams and managing a small team that will evaluate and create user stories and requirements for engagement with PDS & FTT (Franklin Templeton Technologies). The responsibilities will scale from production automation tasks to large global projects ensuring data needs are properly identified, represented and scoped for inclusion with marketing content. This person will be the primary liaison with Global Product Marketing, Market Research Consultancy, Performance, Risk & Investment Management, and Data Governance. They will ensure that application of data within product content is applied consistently across our global materials. This role will also work with peers on the strategic direction for seamless data automation and management.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Manager Data Production?
- Lead data content production team responsible for consulting with content producers, Content Production Manager and other strategic business leaders to understand their gaps with existing data provided, services or solutions and communicate specific needs to drive to solutions with PDS.
- Achieves operational / automation objectives by driving detailed requirements; articulating business implications; contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans; preparing and completing action plans; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Actively participate in all content projects and requests that require product data; providing any and all data input; consult with global marketers and content production team to understand requirements and resolve issues.
- Strong relationship with Product Data Services; attending many of their weekly meetings
- Ongoing knowledge of all global product data business rules; maintaining and updating
- Triage and resolve all product data issues within marketing content
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration (Finance, Economics, Marketing, Technology) preferred
- MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.
- 12+ years of Data Management and experience working within an enterprise PMO with an emphasis on governance, analytics and execution.
- 7-10 years job related experience in the mutual fund or financial services industry
- 10 years working with global teams
- Knowledge of Project Management best practices and methodologies (ex. Agile, DAD, Scrum, Lean, or Kanban)
- Certified DAD professionals preferred.
- Proven ability to coordinate cross functional teams of IT professionals, business executives, and other key stakeholders towards common goals and objectives.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify quantify and effectively raise business risks associated with data quality.
- Experience in turning vague/minimal business requests into actionable technology requirements
- Flexible and has a wide range of excellent communication and presentation skills: excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated success in leadership role and vision.
- Strong leadership experience
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies .
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.