Loan Review Manager - Req. 1902798
St. Petersburg, Florida https://jobs.raymondjames.com/job/st-petersburg/loan-review-manager/954/13368499 Loan Review Manager - Req. 1902798
Perform an independent review and objective appraisal of the Bank’s loan portfolio and related risk management activities. The individual will assist management in conducting a credit risk assessment of the bank’s loan portfolio that consist of Shared National Credits (“SNC”) in C&I loans, as well as credit facilities to CRE, REITs, Residential Mortgage, Securities Based lending and Structured loans.
This will include selecting an appropriate sample of loans to be reviewed based on the risk assessment findings as part of the Bank’s continuous monitoring program. Each loan under review will be evaluated for adherence to the banks credit underwriting standards, policies, procedures, guidelines and regulatory requirements, including completeness of documentation/files.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development of the quantitative analysis to assess credit risk at the portfolio level for the Bank; formulate the loan review plan for the year based on findings.
- Performs independent loan reviews to evaluate the creditworthiness of the obligor and to ensure that risk rating accurately reflects the risk profile of the borrower.
- Analyze financial statements and other required data provided in the credit file to ensure that risk rating is appropriate and upgrades/downgrades are done in a timely manner in line with banks policies/procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Discuss all noted deficiencies and identified weaknesses, and any existing or planned corrective actions, including time frames for correction, with appropriate loan officers and managers.
- Assist in preparing reports summarizing portfolio quality and risk issues with recommended corrective action.
- Track corrective action of noted weaknesses through to resolution and report such action or inaction to Senior Management and the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Maintain an advanced level of understanding of credit risk policies/requirements, regulatory expectations and contribute to improving effectiveness and efficiency of the credit risk analysis processes/methodologies.
- Liaison with external auditors and regulators, as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Advanced Knowledge of:
- Strong credit skills along with significant experience (minimum of 7 years) in C&I, CRE, REITs or structured products.
- Financial statement analysis including comprehensive understanding of balance sheet, income statement and cash flow drivers impacting critical credit risk metrics applied in evaluating an obligor’s risk profile.
- Experience in evaluating or assigning risk ratings.
- Good knowledge of regulatory definitions and classifications of loans.
- Working knowledge of lending practices, policies, procedures, disclosures, and terminology related to banking laws, regulatory requirements, and legal documents.
- Understanding of the Bank’s credit underwriting policies and approval process.
- Technical and analytical reasoning skills to synthesize information accurately and effectively to understand and interpret regulatory requirements and appropriately apply principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies to the position.
- Well-developed interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively, clearly and persuasively in a variety of settings, formats, and audiences.
- Strong planning, organizational, time management and follow up skills, demonstrating a strong sense of urgency and ability to execute quickly, timely and efficiently.
- Ability to multi-task and decide key priorities with confidence, motivation, decisiveness, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, influence and manage competing priorities across the organization.
Educational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, or Finance with 6 – 8 years of experience in commercial lending, credit/loan review and/or similar position requiring strong business knowledge and credit judgment.
- An equivalent combination of education, training or experience as approved by Human Resources.
Licenses/Certifications: Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
• None required.
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm