Search Our Jobs
Radius Radius 5 miles 15 miles 25 miles 35 miles 50 miles
Go Senior Java Developer - Req. 1902812
Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500 diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 7,500 financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. With 119 consecutive quarters of growth and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the premier alternative to Wall Street. This position is part of our IT Advisor Platform Development group and has options to either sit in our home office of Saint Petersburg, Florida or Denver Development Center in Denver, Colorado. Job Summary:
As part of a development technology team, individual analyzes complex business requirements and problems and drives research to design quality technical solutions. This individual will be involved in the full systems life cycle (based on experience/skills) and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. This individual will be involved in portions of/or the full systems life cycle (based on experience/skills) and may be responsible for providing direction to a team, designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting technologies that are delivered on time and within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes complex system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between impacted components and sub systems.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or to reuse of existing code.
- Leads or participates in assigned projects, including assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance.
- May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
- Obtains and evaluates information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
- Participates in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
- Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements and flow charts.
- Assists in preparing project plans using project management tools.
- Reviews test results; documents test activities, and records remedial actions.
- Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
Experience and Skills:
Licenses/Certifications: Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
- Bachelor-s degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant development or engineering experience or combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in designing and building high performance internet scale Java applications.
- Background in enterprise Java technology, Web Servers, Microservices architecture highly preferred.
- Experience in SQL (T-SQL/PL-SQL) required.
- Experience modelling and designing applications (both application, data and software blueprints).
- Profiling and improving performance of Java applications from threading, memory management, container optimization etc.
- Full-Stack Development expertise highly preferred.
- Angular or Frond End Technology background preferred.
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- - Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- - Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- - Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- - Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- - Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
Share This Job Current Raymond James Employees, click here »
Enter your corporate email address to refer a friend!
Submit Experienced Professionals Students & Recent Grads Recent Jobs
Match Your Skills
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Austin, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
Using your LinkedIn profile, find jobs matched to your skills and experience