Advisor, Supervision - Investment Advisory - Req. 1902880St. Petersburg, Florida https://jobs.raymondjames.com/job/st-petersburg/advisor-supervision-investment-advisory/954/13463274 Advisor, Supervision - Investment Advisory - Req. 1902880
The Advisory Supervision team provides fiduciary oversight of Investment Adviser Representatives (IARs) in accordance with SEC regulations and guidelines as well as firm policies governing advisory accounts. An advisor for this team would be expected to conduct reviews which can include - suitability reviews, analyze data and have direct conversations with IARs regarding their findings.
Some guidance is provided to perform varied work that is somewhat difficult in nature and that requires evaluation, originality and ingenuity to make moderately complex decisions.
The candidate will need to resolve and/or recommend solutions to complex problems. Leads defined work or projects of moderate scope and complexity. Maintains extensive contact with internal customers to identify, research, and resolve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts reviews, monitors trading activities and analyze a variety of data, through the use of various reports and systems.
• Interacts directly with Investment Adviser Representatives, branch office manager’s sales management, supervision, compliance, legal and product and works together with them to address these concerns as well as to resolve any conflicts that may arise related to client accounts.
• Pro-actively monitors and ensures that trading activities in clients’ investment advisory accounts meet the objectives of those accounts.
• Reports findings and manages concerns in a professional manner.
• Monitors and keeps up to date with federal and firm regulations regarding trading activity in client accounts and applies them accordingly.
• Assists other advisory associates in researching Supervision issues.
• Assists in developing training programs, including maintaining training records and coordinating training with functions.
• Prepares and delivers written and oral presentations to business units.
• May participate in the formation of policies and desk operating procedures related to compliance and advisory supervision.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Investments and trading, securities industry regulations, and client suitability (all at a level consistent with the requirement of Series 24 licensing).
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
• General office practices, procedures, and methods.
• Suitability and other compliance issues involved with branch manager/FA trading activity.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, presentations, and databases.
• Critical thinking and decision-making, involving the interpretation of regulatory rules and compliance policies.
• Detail orientation to ensure the regulatory liability is limited, without impairing workflow.
• Utilizing business-appropriate phone manners.
• Independently manage and complete multiple projects and tasks; work independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels including branch managers/FAs.
• Establish and communicate clear directions and priorities.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
Educational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A) in a related discipline and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in Supervision and/or the financial services industry.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
• Appropriate series license(s) for assigned functional area preferred or the ability to obtain within an established timeframe.
o SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
o Required to have a Series 66
o Series 7 and 65 can be used instead of the 66
o Applicable designation or CFP can be used instead of the 66 and must be in good standing
• Additional licenses/certifications demonstrating the candidate’s knowledge/expertise in industry regulation and concepts preferred.
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.