Senior Business Development Associate - Financial Institutions Division - Req. 1902913St. Petersburg, Florida https://jobs.raymondjames.com/job/st-petersburg/senior-business-development-associate-financial-institutions-division/954/13531681 Senior Business Development Associate - Financial Institutions Division - Req. 1902913
Under limited supervision uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience, training and/or certification to support a team in recruiting advisors to Raymond James Financial Services Financial Institutions Division partners. Extensive contact and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders is required to establish and maintain relationships that lead to recruiting new advisors. Acts in a professional sales and marketing capacity to help meet firm goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate and communicate with external recruiters and PCG divisions for cross-referral opportunities of FID clients.
• Manage and communicate the FID opportunity pipeline with internal, external and PCG recruiting resources.
• Coordinates Drip Campaigns.
• Sources, solicits and develops new affiliations by responding to incoming calls and inquiries, sending out materials and may visit prospects to meet specific recruiting goals.
• Maintain FID recruiting checklist and resources.
• Assists with the creation of business development strategies, and with maintaining and expanding referral sources including the coordination of target marketing campaigns.
• Maintains a prospect database; generates reports as needed.
• Establishes relationships with prospective advisors, provides consultation and education regarding financial institutions division opportunities.
• Proactively calls existing prospects to educate them on RJFS products and services.
• Responds to incoming calls and inquiries including research, follow-up, sending out materials and obtaining background information.
• Gathers information and data on prospects to be used in the sales process.
• Participates in conference calls with prospects.
• Visit with prospective advisors to address issues, interests and concerns.
• May participate in visits to with divisional teams to discuss recruiting opportunities with investment program management.
• May participate in visits to home office by prospects to address issues, interests and concerns.
• Coordinates with other functional areas to ensure a professional recruiting process.
• Assists division management with the creation of proformas for prospects.
• Serve as backup to Division Director and Assistant Division Director in recruiting activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Basic concepts, practices and procedures of business development in a financial services environment.
• Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Investment advisor and/or financial planner services and products.
• Account types, the transfer process, and industry operations in general.
• Responding to inquiries and turning them into sales opportunities.
• Sourcing and developing sales prospects.
• Establishing and maintaining databases.
• Initiating sales calls and responding to inquiries and turning them into sales and/or practice acquisition opportunities.
• Maintaining and expanding referral sources.
• Preparing and delivering clear, effective, and professional presentations.
• Effective questioning and listening techniques.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Participate in professional organizations and activities to expand network of business contacts.
• Provide a high level of customer service to reach sales objectives.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different prospects/target audiences into marketing and sales strategies.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
• Research, interpret, analyze and apply information about prospects.
• Organize, prioritize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels to accomplish objectives.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Maintain currency in investment advisor and financial planner services and products.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university with three (3) to five (5) years of experience in marketing or sales in a financial planning, investment management or other financial services environment.
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• Series 7 (& 63 where required), or willingness to obtain within agreed upon timeframe.
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.