About Raymond James:
Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500 diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 8,000 financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. With over 130 consecutive quarters of growth and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the premier alternative to Wall Street.
As part of the Core Advisor Technology team, this individual has primary responsibility of building Enterprise Data Integration solutions by working on enterprise class data integration initiatives. The Data Engineer will be responsible for building solutions which are flexible, performant and scalable. Works closely with Solution Architects to build ETL Data flows and design patterns. Handles complex problems independently and demonstrates analytical thinking. Is able to make judgements and recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Builds scalable and reliable ETL systems to pull large and complex data together from different systems efficiently.
• Works with Solution Architects to develop ETL/Data Integration/Data Processing Flows.
• Collaborates with other Data Engineers and Data Architects to build optimal and efficient ETL and Database code.
• Supports ETL Batch processing.
• Provides on-call support of Data Integration Batch processes on a rotating basis and other on-call as required.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced/Intermediate working knowledge of the following:
• Data warehousing concepts.
• Data Integration patterns/technologies.
• Oracle as a Database Platform.
• ETL concepts and building ETL solutions.
• Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
• Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
• Occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of relevant development or engineering experience or combination of education, training and experience.
• Experience with the following is highly preferred:
• Building low latency Data Integration solutions.
• Prototyping and automating Data Integration Processes.
• Physical Performance Optimization of Oracle Databases.
• Master Data Management (MDM) principles.
• SQL Server.
• Financial Services Industry knowledge is preferred.
• None required.