Radius Radius 5 miles 15 miles 25 miles 35 miles 50 milesGo Business Control Analyst - Deposit Operations - RJB - Req. 1903052
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience, specialized training and/or certification in banking industry to ensure adherence with banking rules and regulations for deposit operations. This position will be in RJB Oversight & Control (O&C), which represents the first line of defense for RJ Bank supporting key business areas. Responsible for performing first line testing and monitoring, participating in operational audits/exams, and partnering with business partners to ensure regulatory compliance within Deposit Operations. Leads initiatives of moderate scope and complexity. Limited guidance is provided to perform varied work that is somewhat difficult in nature and that requires evaluation, originality and ingenuity to make moderately complex decisions. Resolves or recommends solutions to management on complex problems. Maintains extensive contact with internal customers to identify, research, and resolve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in overseeing Deposit Operations first line program within RJB O&C to ensure processes and procedures are integrated and aligned with business processes
- Assists management in testing controls, recommending improvements to control testing and quality assurance processes to provide early identification of potential compliance problems
- Leads development and implementation of RJB O&C testing and monitoring initiatives
- Disseminates testing results and trends analysis to leadership on a reoccurring basis
- Provide advisory services to the supported business units regarding control effectiveness, risk mitigation, and operational efficiency
- Partner with the other lines of defense to support the risk management framework
- Partner with the business and help as appropriate as they undergo Compliance, Internal Audit, and regulatory exams
- Help the business maintain and review their applicable policies and procedures
- Partner with RJB Management to identify and effectively risk rate the various controls of deposit operations
- Partner with RJB Compliance and the business units to help inform training programs of deposit operations
- Partner with RJB Risk Management and the business units to complete, review, and update the RJB RCSA
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Concepts, practices and procedures of banking reviews.
- Working knowledge of some of the following mortgage and banking regulatory requirements or similar: FDPA, SCRA, RESPA, TILA, HPA, FCRA, FDCPA, ECOA, UDAAP, GLBA, relevant implementing regulations, as well as state-level laws and regulations
- Principles of banking and finance
- Financial markets and products.
- Providing support and guidance for RJB O&C efforts
- Identifying, reviewing and implementing controls and quality assurance processes
- Gathering information and preparing oral and written reports
- Preparing and delivers written and oral presentations
- Investigating process and procedure inaccuracies
- Making rule-based and analytical decisions
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
- Interpret and apply banking regulations and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing, with all organizational levels.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Keep abreast of banking industry rules and regulations and best practices
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor-s degree (B.A. /B.S.) and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in Compliance and/or the financial services industry.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
- None required.
· Raymond James Bank is an EOE/AA and VEVRAA Federal Contractor
· Priority will be given to protected veterans
· EOE/AA: Female/Minorities/Disabled/Protected Veterans/LGBT
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
Enter your corporate email address to refer a friend!
Email AddressSubmit Experienced Professionals Students & Recent Grads
Using your LinkedIn profile, find jobs matched to your skills and experience