About Raymond James:
Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500 diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 8,000 financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. With over 130 consecutive quarters of growth and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the premier alternative to Wall Street.
As part of a development technology team, individual analyzes business requirements and problems and drives research to design quality technical solutions. This individual will be working as part of Client Onboarding BPM team and will be responsible to maintain and enhance the existing COB BPM application. This individual will also be involved in redesigning and converting existing application to the new IBM BAW platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between impacted components and sub systems.
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or to reuse of existing code.
• Maintains and delivers new shared artifacts and participates in BPM design reviews and ensure code quality.
• May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
• Participates in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
• Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
• Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant development or engineering experience or combination of education, training and experience.
• At least 3 years with BPM development including BPD, Client Side Human Services, Ajax, General System, Integration Services, Service Flows (SOAP and RESTFul) and Coach Views.
• Mandatory to have latest SparkUI/BPMUI Toolkit experience with BAW, BPM 8.6 or 8.5.7.
• Experience working with Web Process Designer and Eclipse based Desktop Process Designer.
• Experience in performance tuning and maintaining the BPM platform and working through production issues required.
• Experience defining and developing IBM BPM toolkits.
• Preferred experience in rule based solution development using IBM ODM.
• Preferred experience in development and testing business rules using Business Action Language and Decision Tables.
• Financial Services experience highly preferred.
• Experience in the following areas: enterprise implementation, business acumen, applications development, change management.
• Must have skills in implementing BPM coding standard and best practice.
• Certification as an IBM BPM Developer BPM 8.5.x. or BPM 8.6 highly preferred.
Competencies and Behaviors:
• Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.