Radius Radius 5 miles 15 miles 25 miles 35 miles 50 milesGo Application Developer - AML Applications - Req. 1902766
Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500 diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 7,500 financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. With over 120 consecutive quarters of growth and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the premier alternative to Wall Street.
As part of the Anti-Money Laundering application development team, analyzes business requirements and problems and drives research to design/development quality technical solutions. This individual will be involved in portions of/or the full systems life cycle (based on experience/skills) and may be responsible for providing direction to a team, designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between affected components and sub systems.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- May lead assigned projects, including assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance.
- May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
- Obtains and evaluates information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
- Participates in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
- Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements and flow charts.
- Assists in preparing project plans using project management tools.
- Reviews test results; documents test activities, and records remedial actions.
- Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor-s degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant development or engineering experience or combination of education, training and experience.
- 1+ years of experience developing large scale, enterprise applications.
- 1+ years of experience with Visual Studio, C# .Net, Oracle 12C, PL-SQL, SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SSRS, T2T, BMC Control-M, TFS (Team Foundation Server).
-Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Services experience highly preferred.
- OFSAA (Oracle Financial Services Analytical Application) experience a plus.
- Experience in the following areas: project management, enterprise implementation, leadership experience, strategic planning, business acumen, applications development, change management.
- May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
- None required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
Enter your corporate email address to refer a friend!
Email AddressSubmit Experienced Professionals Students & Recent Grads
Using your LinkedIn profile, find jobs matched to your skills and experience