Raymond James has always been a different kind of financial services firm, embracing long-term planning, valuing methodical decision-making and remaining focused on what matters most: People.
We put clients first. If we do what’s right for our clients, the firm will do well and we’ll all benefit.
The New Accounts Service Associate puts the Raymond James Service First motto into action on a daily basis by providing front line service support to our branch personnel with an emphasis on providing complete and accurate solutions. In that moment when the phone rings, the goal of every New Accounts Service Associate is to embody the mission of the firm. If you love to help people, and service is a passion, this role might be just what you are looking for. The ideal associate loves receiving calls from our branch personnel, answering their questions, providing education to them, and is excited for the opportunity that the next phone call brings. Every service associate works both independently and within a team environment to achieve world class customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Operations and New Account systems.
• Basic customer operations and the financial industry.
• Basic accounting concepts and principles.
• Basic investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry and as required New Accounts
• Detail orientation and flexibility sufficient to handle high volume of phone calls requiring quick analytical and supportive responses.
• Interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills sufficient to interact with associates at all levels of the organization as well as financial advisors and branch personnel.
• Identifying and resolving operational issues.
• Numerical aptitude and critical thinking sufficient to solve operational problems.
• Analyzing operational processes and identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports and electronic communication.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements
• High School Degree or equivalent with at least two (2) years of customer service experience. Experience in a contact center environment and college degree preferred.
• OR ~
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None required.
Travel Required: No