Senior Benefits Analyst
Were adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our employees.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Within Munich Reinsurance America, Inc., Human Resources Department, we strive to empower employees to:
- Build their career
- Manage their life
- Make a difference
- Help shape the future of the Company.
- The Senior Benefits Consultant has the opportunity to make an impact and directly contribute to this mission.
Major responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the implementation of employee health, retirement and welfare benefit plans and programs to ensure accuracy in benefits delivery, strong plan performance, regulatory compliance and cost containment.
- Designs and develops benefit plan dashboard by tracking and monitoring vendor reports. Monitors potential issues, trends etc. Researches, analyzes and evaluates benefits data for benefit eligible population.
- Responsible for relationship with benefit vendors/consultants to ensure effective service delivery, strong plan performance, including resolution of escalated claims and administrative issues.
- Leads the annual open enrollment and other benefit changes/initiatives including coordinating recommendations with stakeholder group.
- Prepares, reviews and obtains documentation for qualified and non-qualified plans, with legal consultation; IRS and ERISA mandated submissions and employee communications, including Plan Documents, Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs), Summary of Material Modifications (SMMs), and insurance policies.
- Develops an effective benefit plan communication strategy and the necessary collateral for stakeholder groups.
- Determines benefit practices and market prevalence by researching best practices; industry and employment trends; tracking legislation and assessing organizational impact.
- Coordination and completion of IRS form 5500, CMS filings, etc.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work expereince
- 8+ years progressive employee benefits experience
- Demonstrated solid written/verbal communication skills dealing with benefit plans and HR programs
- Demonstrated project management skills specifically with benefit plans
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others and engage stakeholders
- Skilled in implementing best practices and change management
- Solid understanding of SAP HR preferred
- Skilled at managing project teams
- Skilled at managing both tactical and strategic aspects of projects
- Thorough knowledge of design and management of health, welfare and retirement plans
- Highly skilled at Excel
Munich Re America
United States of America