CRI is a CPA and advisory firm located in more than 25 markets throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas. Since our formation in 1997, we have quickly grown into one of the nations top 20 firms, which would not be possible without the breadth and depth of knowledge and expertise that our talented professionals possess. We invite you to explore our available opportunities, and learn more about what sets CRI apart from other larger firms. Essential Functions Process bi-weekly payroll
Assist in new hire onboarding
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating reconciling and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Prepares and distributes New Hire and Termination reports
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepares journal entry
Serve as the point of contact for all payroll issues and questions
- Review and approve new hires submitted by Office Managers via ADP
- Complete additional maintenance required for new hires
- Send Welcome email to each employee with instructions for completing the Benefits Enrollment via ADP
- Assist Office Managers (and employees) with questions concerning firm policies, payroll, employee benefits, benefit enrollments, FMLA/leave of absences, PTO policies/calculations, etc.
- Maintain integrity of data in ADP
- Prepare and submit monthly reporting to Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Prepare and submit quarterly Multiple Worksite Reporting
- Assist with adhoc data mining of ADP
- Complete Verification of Employment requests for lenders, new employers, state agencies, etc.
- Respond to state agency requests such as unemployment claims
- Assist other department staff as needed (daily)
- 3+ years of experience processing payroll
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential and sensitive data
- High level of organization
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Competent with Microsoft Office tools
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with ADP preferred
- Able to work with in a team setting
CRI industry specializations include construction, government, banking/financial institutions, healthcare, insurance, not-for-profit, manufacturing, and distribution. We offer traditional and specialized services including audit and assurance, business consulting and support, forensic accounting, IT auditing, retirement plan auditing, SEC compliance, business valuation, tax planning, and trusts and estates work. Additionally, CRIs family of portfolio companies deliver service organization control (SOC) reports, investment banking, management consulting, retirement plan administration services, payroll management, and wealth management. For more information about CRI, please visit CRIcpa.com