Overview Who We Are
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
What We Do Enterprise Change Resiliency Office Overview (ECRO)
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
for BNY Mellon, a first-line enterprise-wide office, which leads the Firm's change management and resiliency functions. Enterprise Change Office Overview (ECO)
In order to strengthen an Enterprise-wide approach to Program Delivery and establish a scalable resilient operating model that builds delivery capabilities across Technology, Operations, the lines of business and support functions, BNY Mellon has evolved how we deliver programs of change across the bank. As part of this strategy, a new ECO has been created to provide central oversight, governance, and strategic execution. The ECO establishes policy and performs a governance function with select enterprise program delivery accountability founded on a federated model that partners with the program delivery teams from Technology, Operations, the lines of business and other functional areas across the organization. Job Responsibilities
- Leads and provides innovative direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with program planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications.
- Responsible for the overall success of programs and projects.
- Leads end to end program and project management activities such as reporting, planning, issue / risk tracking, work breakdown structures, scheduling effort estimation and tracking, other project documentation preparation and turnover to production.
- Ensures work is performed within the program and project management policies, standards, procedures and frameworks with established tools and techniques routinely used for program and project management.
- Measures and monitors program actuals, forecasts and budgets and updates plans with accurate, up-to-date information in a timely manner.
- Follows financial standards & processes (e.g. monthly external revenue accruals, software capitalization, procurement & external payments).
- Reports financial information and status to the required executive level through steering committees.
- Secures, leads, motivates and inspires the internal & external resources required to deliver the program.
- Establishes the program's governance (e.g. sponsors, approvers, stakeholders).
- Manages Program Resources.
- May have leadership responsibility for Program Team members.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and internal groups to ensure delivery of programs and projects on time, within budget, and to specification.
- Has regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations.
- Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy.
No direct reports. May guide other Project Management support staff. Contributes to the achievement of function objectives. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements. Key Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or Prince2 certification is beneficial.
- 10+ years of related program and/or project management experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) preferred.
- Experience with operations, technology and/or financial services industry is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.