Overview Senior Group Manager, Product Management Overview
Put your professional experience to work for one of the world's most recognized and admired financial industry companies with a career at BNY Mellon
Founded in 1784 by Alexander Hamilton, we have not only been an engine behind the evolution of the financial industry, but we have also evolved at every step. Today we are more than 50k+ employees across 35 countries as we continue to build momentum and achieve further growth .
As a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle, BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. Being one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages $42 trillion in assets, has 97% of the world's top banks as customers, and one of the first to use computing technology and access the largest dataset available globally, we have the insights, solutions, technology, and talent to shape the future of finance. Senior Group Manager, Product Management
We are seeking an experienced Senior Group Product Manager to join our Enterprise Change Governance & Integration team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the product development, management, data and analytics efforts for a portfolio of Enterprise Change Management and Delivery products. You will work closely with cross-functional teams and internal clients including business, engineering, finance, change management leaders to design, develop and launch new products, enhance existing products, and implement vendor products. Standard Job Responsibilities As a key member of Senior Group Manager, Product Management you will:
- Lead the development and execution of the product roadmap for a group of enterprise change management and portfolio products
- Establishes the strategic approach for the development of a variety of products and product lines and works with senior leaders to ensure functional strategies tie to business unit objectives
- Guides staff in building the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace and ensures that the team stays on top of the competitive landscape and the industry environment. In collaboration with senior leaders, determines the key products of strategic importance to the firm and the long-term goals for the function.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define product requirements, features, and priorities
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, and leverage usage data to inform product strategy and decision-making
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure successful product development and launch
- Analyze and report on product performance metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Collect, organize, and analyze financial and execution data across all of the portfolio products
- Develop reports and dashboards leveraging the portfolio dataset using business intelligence tools
- Interpret and communicate portfolio data and provide insights to inform business decisions
- Manage and mentor a team of product managers and data analysts
- 8+ years of experience in product management, preferably in the financial industry
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis and visualization
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- Proven track record of successfully developing and launching digital products at an enterprise scale
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills including communicating with PowerPoint, and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Proficient in using data visualization tools like Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Excel or Qlik to create clear and effective data visualizations
- Proficient understanding of different change management delivery methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use data to inform product decisions
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.