Overview Team Overview:
CFI team stands for Customer File Interface team and is a shared services team within Clearance and Collateral Technology that provides file transfer capabilities for transmission and routing of files from and to clients and various applications residing on nodes within the BNY Mellon network and the internet/extranet using a variety of secure file transfer protocols. CFI is in the process of building the next generation file transfer application in Java and we are looking for a backend Java developer to work with us as we transform this space.
The Collateral & Clearance Technology group is responsible for building high-performance critical market platforms. The group designs, builds and supports the platform used for US Triparty Repo and Global Collateral Services solutions. This group supports one of the most critical client-facing services for BNY Mellon. Job Description:
Acts as SCM technical expert, responsible for defining the overall technical direction of the SCM department. Defines SCM plans and scripts/programs for the most complex configurations. Standardizes the use of tools, technology and/or business expertise in relationship to SCM approaches. Assists in defining standards, processes and procedures for the use of technology within the department. Defines and approves the process for metrics collection and analysis across all applications. Analyzes data and produces progress reports for strategic projects. Makes recommendations to improve efficiencies and outcomes. Interacts directly with clients and upper management regarding project activities. Contributes to the achievement of Software Configuration/Release Management objectives. Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive the design and implementation of scalable, high performing and robust applications.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Improve our software delivery capabilities via automation and repeatability
- Conducts reviews of the code, test plan and release artifacts.
- Develop code using secure coding practices
- Leverage existing products/functionality and promote reusability.
- Ensure resolution of project issues and conflicting workload priorities and escalate as required.
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to more junior engineers including code reviews
- Help the tech management team shape best practices for developing, sharing, and continuously improving our software platform.
- Identify and discuss issues with the team that might be overlooked, such as scalability, performance, or security.
- Collaborate closely with team members to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to.
- Ensure compliance with the firm's delivery and regulatory standards.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Strong and extensive experience in building applications using Java, API, Microservices
- Strong experience in Oracle
- Extensive experience in Frameworks like Spring Boot, Spring Core/MVC, Build tools like Maven/Ant, Testing frameworks like
- Experience with automation frameworks like JUnit/Mockito/Spring Test/TestNG/REST Assured
- Good knowledge of docker based deployments and cloud principles
- Good understanding of the deployment infrastructure
- Good knowledge in Java process monitoring and troubleshooting
- Good knowledge in shell scripting
- Good to have managed file transfer experience using SFTP
- Ability to identify and own non-functional requirements along with functional requirements
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is preferred 10-12 years of experience in a systems SCM environment, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.