Liability Counselor (Hospital On-site)
Cognizant Technology Solutionsis seeking a Full-Time Liability Counselor to work for one of its clients in Orlando,FL.
The Liability Counseloris based at a local hospital. They are responsible for interacting withpatients and business office staff at the facility to help with the propercoordination of third party liability insurance benefits. They assist inmanaging the flow of information between central business office and ourcorporate office.
Full-time Schedule: Monday-Fridaybetween 8:00am-5:00pm Duties andResponsibilities
includethe following and any other duties as assigned by the supervisor:
- Responsible for contacting patients to gather insurance benefit information for accident claims from auto, home, other liability and health policies and providing a positive experience for the patient during and following their hospital visit.
- Explains the coordination of insurance benefits for patients in a way that the patient understands. Maintains proper account documentation in case management programs and other computer systems.
- Responds to email and phone correspondence per department guidelines.
- Resolves any issues noted in the QA work reviews. Continues education and professional development by attending staff training.
- Completes special reports as required, such as aged reports, checklist audits, denial reports, etc.
- Performs other activities and responsibilities as assigned.