Collateral Operations Analyst - Entry-Level/New Grad Opportunity! (Pipeline Requisition)
Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Collateral Operations Analyst
to join our Collateral Operations
team. This role is located in Pittsburgh, PA
or Orlando, FL
- HYBRID/REMOTE. Collateral Operations Group Overview
The Collateral Operations group is a global team within the Global Operations & Technology division of BNY Mellon responsible for supporting our clients' collateral and portfolio reconciliations processes. Our clients include pension funds, endowments, mutual funds, hedge funds and other financial institutions using derivatives to manage their financial risks. We provide processing, inquiry and general support for our clients while working to improve and automate transaction processing systems. We are a center of excellence maximizing specific knowledge around the collateralization of complex derivative products, including swaps, options, forwards, and futures. Collateral Operations Analyst Role Overview
As a Collateral Operations Analyst, you will be responsible for providing the collateral and portfolio reconciliation support as outlined above to clients on a daily basis. Apart from the daily collateral activities, you will also partner with senior colleagues to identify, develop and implement process changes, and be actively involved in contributing to broader strategic team objectives.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
Standard Job Responsibilities
- Performs exchange traded, cleared and bilateral reconciliations for derivative products traded by our clients.
- Monitoring collateral calls from counterparties.
- Facilitating margin dispute resolution between parties.
- Verifying delivery of collateral to clients and brokers.
- Applies expertise and judgement in providing quality, and complex client service and support to internal and external clients on a daily basis, including phone interaction, problem resolution, transaction processing, reconciliations and accounting services, and updates to client accounts in a timely manner.
- Performs complex operational tasks in a product or functional area. Conducts independent analysis and policy interpretation. Performs complex, manual processing of updates to client accounts or company records. Responsible for reconciliations, including reconciling cash breaks, position differences, and gathering and compiling data.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for clients and executes all correspondent requisites in a timely and accurate manner with an understanding of the underlying business and specific client needs.
- Provides product knowledge and technical assistance, determining when the more complex problems should be referred to a supervisor or senior professional.
- Review and check work of other Client Processing Support staff and help resolve escalated issues.
- Responsible for the quality and completion of own work.
- Works with external clients to resolve day-to-day issues and direct them to appropriate resources at BNY Mellon.
- Works effectively with peers across geographic regions.
- Supports clients in addressing operational and technical questions or issues and ensuring requests are executed.
- Applies problem solving skills based on precedence and experience.
- Uses communication skills to deliver high quality service to a specialized client base.
- Provides clients information related to BNY Mellon products and services representing a limited number of lines of business and geographies and directs them to the appropriate resources, as needed.
- Leverages a general understanding of broader BNY Mellon services and offerings.
- Monitors client inquiries and appropriately escalates non-routine or complex issues to the appropriate team member, as needed.
- Tracks and follows up on open items and activities to accurate completion.
- Participates in internal activities and initiatives designed to improve the client experience.
- Supports a selected number of client accounts of limited complexity.
- Involvement in technology projects and enhancements related to our collateral infrastructure.
- Contributing to on-going projects, testing and continuous process improvement.
- Participates in the onboarding of new clients and new business.
- No direct reports.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Up to three (0-3) years of total work experience is preferred.
- Experience in an operational area and/or client services is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in derivatives, reconciliations, brokerage, trade, settlements and cash processing are all skills transferrable to this role but not a barrier to entry as on-the-job product training will be available.
- Process-mindset and an interest in solving complex problems, performing reconciliations, and finding ways to make processes better.
- Interest in advancing technical knowledge specific to derivative and collateral product knowledge.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Note:
This is a pipeline requisition and does not represent any one particular job opening. By applying to this pipeline requisition, your interest will be reviewed for openings based upon your background and disclosed work preference.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.