Jobs and Careers at Thomson Reuters
- Products & Services
- Risk Management Solutions
- Intellectual Property
- Pharma & Life Sciences
- Reuters News Agency
- Scholarly & Scientific Research
- Tax & Accounting
- Our Jobs
- What We Do
- Recent Graduates & Interns
- > New Business Sales Manager, Emerging Accounts - Eagan, MN
Bring Your Passion New Business Sales Manager, Emerging Accounts Job Description
The Corporates – Emerging Accounts – New Business Sales Manager, focuses solely on driving Legal sales within Emerging Account for new acquisition customers only. The key areas of responsibility are:
- Leading a team of new acquisition reps and meeting and exceeding new sales targets
- Developing and executing account strategy in collaboration with Emerging Accounts Sales Lead, Customer Proposition, Marketing, Client Relationship, Professional Services teams to deliver a comprehensive product offering to meet overall customer needs across all geographies
- Leads Account Executive Team who are accountable for growing Legal sales across the Emerging Account corporate market focusing on new acquisition sales in a high volume, premium/value based sales environment.
- Builds supportive, accountable team culture where team members feel challenged and valued.
- Effective and engaged sales coach – collaborating with team members to enable them to consistently bring their best selves to every aspect of the sales cycle from prospecting to customer on boarding. Requires overnight travel 30-50% of time.
- Adheres to a Servant Leadership approach – understanding and removing barriers to team members success while sharing best practices across team.
- Sets and communicates clear performance expectations for team members and holds team members accountable to those expectations. This includes but isn’t limited to expectations around sales attainment, forecasting, SFDC compliance, reporting, partnering, learning agility, professionalism, cultures and values.
- Collaborates with the Emerging Accounts team members to achieve sales targets and growth acceleration initiatives. Specific focus dedicated to close partnership with Digital Strategy team and serve as test and learn agility partner to innovate and improve the digital sales experience for our prospects.
- Effective, agile partner to all internal business partners who are responsible for the delivery of sales leads to Emerging Accounts, reporting lead volume and opportunity conversion volume. Escalating downward trends and celebrating successes.
- Effectively partners with internal and external business partners to achieve sales plan while helping partners achieve their goals.
- Able to identify positive and negative trends and create solutions to maximize and mitigate trends to achieve business goals.
- Develop an effective and diverse network to achieve business goals.
- Delivery of target financial and strategy objectives for the team (e.g. gross sales [PY growth]); digital sales strategy support; growth through cross-sell/up-sell, net new customer acquisitions, and product innovation (e.g. E/R ratio, client acquisition)
- Refresh strategic workforce supported by active talent and succession pipeline (e.g. employee satisfaction); annual improvements in organizational effectiveness (client-centricity, customer approach, rapid decision making)
- Accurate forecasting, customer evaluation and procurement reports; consistent achievement of sales quota, forecasted revenue, and unit targets; consistent update of all CRM systems / reporting on market and competitor activities
- Presentations across internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
Skills and Experience
- Skilled in sales: leadership, process, coaching, development, performance management, talent identification, recruiting and hiring.
- Good listener and effective communicator, including but not limited to: interpersonal skills, effective internal and customer facing presentation skills, client negotiation skills, and running effective meetings.
- Strong track record of effective partnerships
- High learning agility
- Agile in changing environments with ability to effectively lead teams through change
- Skilled at conflict resolution and problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes
- Strong business acumen with the ability to own balancing business and employee interests
- Previous sales management experience preferred
- 3+ years of sales management experience
- Undergraduate degree required.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on .
Atlanta-Georgia-United States of America;Charlotte-North Carolina-United States of America;Dallas-Texas-United States of America;Miami-Florida-United States of America
- About Thomson Reuters
- Products & Services
- Learn More
- Contact Us
- Connect with Us